Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Gratitude

I live in San Diego.Right now I am 10 or 11 days off vicodin.  I am one day off ultram (doesn't feel different to me at all) but was only taking 100 mg of it the last few days.  This morning Ipicked my son up at a hotel he stayed in after the high school prom.  Im grateful that he is graduating and that he lived through prom.  He is sleeping on my sofa looking so much like a young man instead of my little boy.
I am waiting for my daughter to get here and then we are all going to the beach to body surf.
2 weeks ago I would have opted to stay home to "get work done" which means to take pills and waste time.  I wouldn't have had the energy to go body surfing!
I am grateful for the little things that I sometimes take for granted.  There are so many blessings in life.  
I am not 100% thru wds but it is getting better.  My nose is still runny, energy isn't all there, ny back is reminding me it has issues,  but its a heck of a lot better than 2 weeks ago.
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
OMG can i relate to what you just said..make excues to stay home and clean or something when it wasn't that..
i had one that made it through grad prom and all that she is 21, now i have one 17 and 16 , so the worry is just beginning again..one has license one is about to get it...WORRY!!
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hi there,

That's so awesome, on being off the Vicoden for 10 to 11 days!!

You said it so right and bueatiful, about how the drugs in our life, can make us overlook, or take for granted some of the best blessing that are right in the center of our life!

Your a Winner, and will continue to see more and more (I'm almost there),
Your statement in very hearfelt!

Keep up the wonderful, and humble fight, I'm proud of you!

W/ love,

Todd

PS: Road2, how are you today?

God Bless!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.