Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

My mother......advice?

Sometimes I think she doesn't get it. I tried to talking to her today and I was going to tell her about my withdrawal but I took a coward's way out and told her I was depressed. I told my  sister and her response, "how can I help." (By the way i told my sister the truth) My mom on the other hand said, "get over it and do this stop being lazy." She continued, "you're depressed why your young stop it." I know its tough love but i just can't take that right now. I want to tell her but i am afraid she will deny it and just say the same thing - im the goldenchild who can do no wrong. I just don't know what to do.
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
welcome, glad you found this form,, please tell your mom...i am a mother and wished my child would have told me when one time she needed me, but she waited to late...Don't let that happen to you...You are the golden child, which means alot, that she adores and loves you no matter what ...Please tell her, invite her here to see what the w/d's are about so maybe she will understand more..You can do it...If you came here it means you want to get better...She can help you get better with the knowledge ...
God bless you
also glad you can tell your sister..she can even get on here and read all the info these wonderfull people have to offer...
Helpful - 0
and by the way you are not a coward!!!
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
alex,

Welcome to the forum, Road2 said it exactly right. Your not a coward!

You are at a very warm and loving place where you can not be ashamed of anything.

I posted "my life in a nutshell" in reply to chating with Road2recovery.

No on is going to judge, we are all here for the same reason, to help and support each other, with love! Stay with us!

God Bless,
Todd

PS: Road2recovery, I just did a follow up post with mother down below, is she okay? Other than the drama that happen with Dutchess, I'm a little confussed what she's talking about, but I also tapped into you post to dutchess below, in supporting her to let one of us know how she is doing.

God Bless my friend,
Todd
Helpful - 0
thanks,
i think you give great advice and you seem like a very caring person
what are you confused about again?
if you don't want to post it i understand,give me your email add....and i will reply if you would like?
god bless
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hey there,

I was just checking, because mother asked if there was anyone she watch out for.

The other was, just in supporting your post to Dutchess, because we all have several posts, trying to find out if she is doing okay, during this hard time of the year.

The last anyone has heard from her, was after all that drama 3 days ago.

But, here is my email address:   ktodd_savedbygrace***@****

Shoot me a email anytime, I would be more than happy to chat.

Thanks and God Bless!

Todd
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.