Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

off pills for 7 days now can't sleep

anyone have any sleeping tips? been awake for 3 days now.
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
over the past week i've gotten some sleep but this weekend has been the worst. how long does this last? I feel like i'm going crazy!!
Helpful - 0
I believe that sleep is one of the last things to return to normal after you've withdrawn from a drug.  I'm clean from oxycontins now and I still don't sleep well.  A really good night for me is when I get about 5 hours and that's not often.  There are several over the counter remedies that you can use; I use Tylenol PM which is basically Tylenol with Benadryl in it.  Also exercise and a hot bath or shower seem to help (but do not exercise too close to bedtime).
Good luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
thanks alot i'll try that. I've been reluctant to try it because of the fear of the bad anxiety coming back. got to work this morning but i'll be trying that tonight for sure!!
Helpful - 0
when i detoxed from klonipin..it took 14 days until i sleep a few hours a night..When i changed doctors and told him that he could not believe it..He told me that getting no sleep is worst than taking something to sleep every nite or every other night..he said that is when your body heals..He didn't care if it was OTC or perscribed..A little eary on abien but said body needs sleep..
Evantually i didn;t have to take anything anymore..Not sure if that is correct or not but that was my experience
god bless
Helpful - 0
3 weeks clean b4 i got any good sleep.3 weeks of sleepless hell.
Helpful - 0
I've been clean for over three months, and 5 hours a night of sleep is a blessing.  It's usually between 3 and 4.  I remember when I first came to this forum asking if I could die from no sleep.  Well, I'm still around, sprained ankle and all.
Love,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.