Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Who is tapering from Hydrocodone?

Just wondering...who all is tapering down from Hydrocodone?  Who all is past the tapering part?  Just curious about peoples stories to help me get past my own tapering (day 3)....thank you...I am very interested in the people here.  Last week I woke up wondering about Hydro...this week I wake up and Log On to this site.....I am here for anyone...I may not have great advice, but I will always be here to talk to...

~Mother of 2
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
I have been.. I started at 10 a day.  got down to almost zero and had a accident.. took them for pain again.. now back down again and transfering to Suboxone for the remainder of the taper..
Helpful - 0
I have tried tapering so many times but was not strong enough. I recently started suboxone. so far so good. I give you so much credit for doing it this way. Hang in there. It just takes time, which we all have plenty of.
Helpful - 0
I am not strong enough for tapering either.  I always find excuses.  I went cold turkey 5 days ago.  If you can taper though more power to you!  Wishing you all the best!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
So what do you mean?  Just stop taking them all together?  Want you go through more withdrawals that way?  I am scared of the withdrawals....I have never been through anything like that.  Although, I took them everyday for only 3 months I still may have withdrawals...and I am SCARED!  
Helpful - 0
I have been scared many times and I am not going to tell you it is easy.  If you can taper and stick to it then do that.  If not get rid of all your pills and expect to be in bed for a week or so....maybe not even that much for you because of the length of your use.  There are things that can help though.  There is something called the Thomas Recipe on here and it helps with many of the withdrawal symptoms.  Please trust me when I tell you it will be so much easier now then 10 years from now (like me) to stop taking the drugs.  I just want to be straight with you and I am not trying to scare you any further.  There are a lot of helpful people on here with great ideas and my emotions are kind of raw right now.  So sorry if I am not that big of help!  

Shelby
Helpful - 0
I'm tapering now.  Have been using for 5 years. Down fron five to six 10's a day to three 7.5s a day in a week and a half.  going all the way and should be off by next week.  Trying to find a doc for the suboxone. My mind just won't let it go.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.