Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
214607 tn?1287677559

Back Pain anyone?

I have major back pain from my Withdrawal, mostly in the kidney section, is this normal. And what can u do to help it...
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
try a heating pad.. also Motrin or Ibuprophen..
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Thanks a bunch. I will as soon as I get home...
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
there are also those heat sticky things that you can wear.. find them at CVS or Walgreens..
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I read your below post.. where did you do the detox that they used the shots?? they don't do that very many places.. I am about to do a similiar detox.. How did you feel??  When did you feel the drug wear off after detox?? what symptoms did you have after you were done with the treatment??
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I live in Pa. But did the detox program in New Jersey. It was the Burenorphine Detox. It is also outpatient. I was literally in there for a half n hour. You get three needles of Burenorphine as well as meds to help u. You can't take the first shot until u are definitely in withdrawal, so 24-36 hours after last dose.  My Dr. gave me clonodine (for sweats) and Baclofen (for restlessness). These help with the first 24-36 hours. You HAVE to wait that long cause if u dont and take the Burenorphine, you'll be in worst withdrawal. But as long as u wait, u'll feel great after your first shot. You will feel normal again, at least I did. Some people are not 100% after the first shot, but definitely after the second. So after the third day, you stop the shots and get more meds, Carbidopa (RLS), Valium (Sleep), Marinol (nausia) and something for cramps. These also help, but in my experience, keep u tired and weak. Ok, so then u go back to the dr.s on your 7th day clean and he gives u a pill to remove any opiates from your system and then administers a pellett...(a pellett put in arm that releases opiate blockers) lasts 3-6 months. I never went back to get my pellett. So I am still withdrawaling. Had I done it, I would be fine. But I dont want the pellett. I can give u a number and mabey they can direct u to a dr. near u. The whole process costs about $1,000.00 (including shots, pellett and meds). They take Ins. too...Any other help...let me know
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I already have an appt tommorrow morning. they use the sublingal tablets. They told me to be clean for 12-16 hours.. (you have to wait longer with the shots) They taper you for 3 days. I will go all three days in the morning to have my dose adjusted and vitals checked. they also use other meds to ease symptoms. I am down to a low dose of hydro now so I think this will be good. I just wanted to get your experience with it..
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I am sure that it varies with people..i was taking anywhere from 400-700 mg, off anf on for little over two years...I needed more time...Good luck with it all and I wish you the best..Let me know how it goes....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.