Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Now its methadone

Well I think this is going to be harder than I thought now I have found that he is taking methadone to help him get off of vicodin. Isn't that stuff really bad for you ?? Won't he get addicted to that next? Should I just check him into a clinic ?? I am afraid that things are going to get bad I have 2 kids in the house 10 & 4 yrs old.
Please help me

Your advice helped me and I am very greatful thank you for your time.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
do you have insurance? if you do i would recommend looking into Suboxone. yes Methadone can be worse than vicodan. it is also much harder to come off of and the w/ds last ALOT longer. Suboxone would be a much better choice if he is determined to use something to aid him in quitting. The suboxone stops the cravings (methadone does not), you CAN NOT take any opiates while on Suboxone, because it "blocks" those receptors in the brain (methadone doesnt and the more you take the "higher" you will get on methadone) you can go to NAABT.org  its a website filled with tons of info on Suboxone and has a dr. locator for ou area.

Good Luck....and i would try to avoid Methadone at all costs possible.....

luv ya,
tink  :)
Helpful - 0
I'm assuming he is buying methadone off the street, or from a friend. Here is where that becomes a problem. Once you start to use the methadone, nothing else works. If he can't get more methadone, and buys vicodin, percocets, oxycontins, or whatever, they will be useless and he will not feel them. This is what drives many people to methadone clinics.
Helpful - 0
Yes all he is doing is switching drugs, Methodone is very addictive.........
For the sake of your children get him into detox and a rehab....
but he probably won't because his drug habit is more important than his
wife and kids, hes an addict.........
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.