Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Second Day Without Hydro-Somebody Shoot Me

Hi,  I have been reading this forum for the past few days while screwing up the courage to get off the Hydros.  I do not have enough pills to taper, so it is "cold turkey" for me.  I loved the way Hydrocodone made me seem outgoing and pleasant to be around.  However, after experiencing the withdrawals for the 2nd day, I am pretty sure nothing that makes you feel this bad is good for you.  Anyway, I just wanted to thank everyone that posts here.  I see that it can be done.  Like I said this is my 2nd day of w/d.  I have a manual labor job and decided it would be better to go to work than sit at home miserable.  I feel my decision was correct, but I am feeling so bad right now.  Any words of encouragement to get me through?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are so welcome!!  Anytime...

Hugs,

Lil. :)
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
The sooner the better....How many of us know that!
Helpful - 0
I agree, if I could just get to work the time would pass easier and faster.  Instead I sit and pace and listen to the clock tick and look at the phone.

NOT ONE MORE PILL>  That is my mantra     GOOD  LUCK  and yes let's get our asses to work and LIVE.

Note: take a shower first, if you are as depressed as I am you prolly need one before you go out......gross  I know, but my lack of taking a bath for days is another indicator of the disfunction theses drugs cause.

HANG IN THERE>   WE ARE DOING IT>
Helpful - 0
All of you are doin' great!!!  Yes, if you can work, by all means you're right, it's way better than sittin' at home watching the clock go by minute after minute.  I hated that feelin'.  I'm on day 16, and believe me it can be done if I can get this far.  This is the longest I've been without them for 4 years I think.  The years go by so fast when you are on these damn things!!  I hate it.  After about the 5th or 6th day, I stopped havin' that watch the minutes on the clock feeling.  It gets a tad bit better after each day goes by.  I actually got 5 hours sleep last nite.  Didn't change sleeping positions and wake myself up for 5 straight hours.  It was bliss!!!  I took my children and nephew (he's staying over for a week because of summer) to the park yesterday.  Took them to a different park today AND I'm goin' to take them somewhere to go swimming tomorrow.  I have that yucky feeling of not wanting to leave the house, out of my system. I love the way I feel right now.  I had an original pain doc appt for today at 10am.  I can't believe I didn't go.  Damn, I must be gettin' better cuz a month ago there wasn't anything that could've stopped me from goin' lol. If the car broke down, I would've took a damn cab!! lol...

My hubby made a huge point a couple of months ago.  He said (because I missed my regular doc appt.)  "Come hail or high water, you would've never missed your pain doc appt for anything but you'll miss your regular doc appt?"  I thought for a minute after he said that "Damn, you're right!!  I wouldn't"  lol...

But now, I still can't believe it.  I still have the feeling of calling him up and still going but I haven't yet, so I'm really proud of myself!!!  :)

Just keep some Immodium AD around and a book or anything to keep you occupied.  You can do this.  Every minute will go by and then it will turn into a hour, and hours will turn into a day, then another day, then another, and pretty soon 4 days will go by... after that it's all mental.  After about the 4th day, you'll need to keep yourself busy.  Take doggy for a walk, go fishing, relax in the backyard in a comfy chair, feel the wind on your cheek and the sun on your hair.  Anything to keep busy.

Keep posting, talk to people.  Always makes me feel better when I'm cravin' a pill.  Take care and god bless...

Hugs,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
DON'T GIVE UP. You may have noticed I am new to this forum also, but I know we have to get off this stuff. If others can we can too. Going to work if you can is probally a good idea. I have been home all day today and the day went on for hours .....Have to keep busy.

You'll Make It

CHEER
Helpful - 0
To all the responded with kind words of encouragement....thank you so much.  It really does help to not sit in isolation and seek the solace of others...thank you again!!!!
Helpful - 0
Congrats on Day 2...your almost over the worst part...48-72 hours is the worst...you will soon feel better, and I commend you on the fact that you can get up and go to work!!! Even if you feel like ****, keeping yourself busy is MUCH better than laying around the house...when you don't have work to keep your mind off of it, you will literally sit there, feeling sorry for yourself, and watching the minutes slowly ticking by. Showers and baths are the best thing, although you may have to force yourself to do it. I find that even when I have a cold, if I get up and shower, my day goes ten times better...don't know why, but it jump starts me. Try it. Keep checking in, posting, and reading. Please stick with it...you will have to quit sometime...might as well be now. It will get harder and harder with each day that goes by that you are still using. Trust me. Before you know it, you'll be posting that you are on Day 6, Day 10, Day 30, etc. Trust me, you CAN do it!!! Everyone can...you just have to WANT to, and whether you do it through rehab or med detox, outpatient detox, on your own, etc you CAN do it. NOONE, in my opinion, is stuck being addicted to a substance for the rest of our lives. Congrats again, on Day 2. You'll make it, esp if you lean on us!!
Helpful - 0
We are here for you!  2 days is wonderful.  You can't stop now.  You are getting through the worst of the physical stuff...which is the worst part of the whole process in my opinion.  After that you just have to take each day as it comes.  You will feel a little raw emotionally but that passes too.  I am on day 5, so I am right there with you!

Take care,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Baby i'm on day one.  After eight years, a few tries.  You know you can do this.  Yes we are going to feel like horseshit for awhile.    But afer this hell will be the freedom we all strive for.  good luck  You are not alone.  I am so ready to pick up a phone, have been on the forum all day for support.  Post when you need to    it helps.  Try to stay positive.  Think about want you want ONLY and it will attract to you.  Wish I could stop attracting addiction into my life.  I have to change my mind set.   Hard to stop thinking about vics.  BUT MUST!!

Day three, let us know tommorrow!!!!!     Creek   Peace~
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.