Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 5 Hurdle

This is not too big of deal, well maybe it is for people like us or me in particular. lol  My husband called me when I was on my way home from work (a very long day, only day 5 of being clean) and he asked me to pick up his prescription of vic's.  He is not aware of my addiction yet but regardless I told him I would pick them up.  I did it and did not even so much as open the bottle.  I looked at them for a few seconds and it was strange my mouth actually watered but I had no intention of giving into my bodies demands.  I feel so happy.  I know it doesn't seem like much but before I would have had one of those pills in my mouth before I reached my car.  Anyway that was my hurdle and how poorly I feel today it was a big one.  Just thought I would share.  Hope all of you are doing well.  

Shelby
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
way to go girl I'm proud of you and your will power, stay srong and focused and i will keep youy in my prayers. terri
Helpful - 0
I am not sure if telling hubby at this point is the best idea.  He is the one I have been lying and stealing from to get the drugs.  I know its awful, horrible thing to do to someone.  I couldn't stop before.  I became such a good liar.  I need to go through getting clean and then maybe confort him.  I am not sure of the outcome.  It might destroy our marriage.  I am so emotional right now - I just don't think I would be clear headed enough.  
Helpful - 0
That is such an inspiring story. GOOD FOR YOU. THAT IS WHAT I CALL WILL POWER. If you can deal with that, than you can get thorugh this. GO FOR IT!!
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
feels great like a hurts-doughnut.  Proud of you and glad that you are staying strong... Maybe you should tell Hubbie?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.