Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To All

So its beginning of day 5 for me, at the momment I feel ok kind of dizzy and light headed but I will take that over everything else. Certain things come and go like sleeping good and thats hard anyways because I do graveyard so to me a good sleeping habit is very hard some times. So someone yesterday said they could get me a bottle of liquid percocet awww sounds good but guess what I said NO and to keep it away from me. And you know what the person that said this said I am glad you are saying that, this person knows how much I was doing pills and spending on them so they are very happy for me. Its really hard to resist but I know what will happen again and besides that I am only on day 5 I am trying to remember I may feel a little off for a while and I may need to take some extra helping steps but PILLS are not one of them. It was so nice to say no and be strong, I caould get it if I want to and I am not, so I am patting myself on the back.YAY:)
Well today is my Friday well I get off wed. morning so after that I have wed. and thurs. off and Friday is PAYDAY and I can finally spend money on what I need not whats gonna screw me up.
Hope everyone is hanging in there, its hard but worth it.
I will always remember this site and even when I am feeling good as new I am always gonna come on here and say hello and make sure everyone is ok.
Hello day 5, hello being clean and naturally happy:)
-Kim
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Good job!  I think day 5 was one of my hardest coming of the oxys, and I think if you get through today you'll be doing a lot better in no time.
Good luck,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Yeh, its weird how the feelings of withdrawl come and go. At times I feel good and other times I feel so crappy. I have learned to take it one day at a time and to try to stay calm. And to learn from all the advice on here helps out alot.
-Kim
Helpful - 0
Hey girlie,

You are doing great!! OMG On day 5 and turning down pills? That's so awesome!!! I'm so proud of you!!  Pat yourself on the back for me also lol...  

I know what you mean when you say the feelin' of wanting a pill comes and goes.  It does that to me too.  When I start thinkin' about having a pill, I get withdrawal feelings all over again.  I hate it so much.  I get depressed and almost like havin' an anxiety attack, too.  Then I'll start doin' something to take my mind off of it and that feeling will go away as fast as it came on.  I take a walk with my doggy every nite now.  It's very relaxing and the puppy loves it.  Now that I'm spending so much time with her, she listens and learns way faster.  I give her a treat for being so good and learning how to "heel".  She totally loves it.  She's only 5 months old and she already knows what "wanna go for a walk?" means lol...  she'll go straight to the door when I say it lol...

Well, I hope you have a wonderful day, today.  You're on day 5 now so all the physical withdrawals should be gone by now or really soon.  So now you hafta focus on the mental withdrawals.  The best way to do that is to stay busy.  Run errands, do house chores, go to the park, beach, fishing, any hobby, or just sittin' in the backyard in a comfy chair with a good book is really relaxing.  I love to feel the wind on my cheeks and the sun beating down on my hair while I'm sittin in a chair and reading a book.  Sitting outside is way better than sitting inside watching tv any day, to me anyways.  And post, post, post... that always makes me feel better to talk to everyone on here.  Everyone knows what I'm goin' through on here, so that always helps me.  And I love posting to people that need help or need just an ear (or eyes lol) to talk to.

Take care and god bless.  You are in my thoughts and prayers!!

Hugz, luvs ya,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
GO GIRL----how tough that had to be..BUT you said NO...Dang i can't wait til i i can post something like that!!!
be so so proud of yourself
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for making me proud of myself.
Helpful - 0
Thanks so much for making me proud of myself.
lil_rab a puppy sounds like a great way to stay happy and busy...I will probley get one soon...Sounds like you have a great head on your shoulders..You also should be proud of yourself
And to both of you...
Your support is also what has helped me so much, so give yourselves  a big pat on the back...
Hugs:)
-Kim
Helpful - 0
good work on turning down the percocet - remember that those people are going to be like a rat infestation - as long as they are using they feel better that other's can't stop too -- so they will continue to ask you, continue to contact you and offer you

I am dealing with this with my hubby, his people that he used to get it from KNOW that he went to detox, through treatment, that he has a one year old daughter, a wife and a baby on the way.  They all say 'Good Job' to him for quitting and encourage him - but then call up a week or so later offering him more.  They never go away - so frustrating.  Be stern with them!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.