Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Tough Night

Hello everyone,

I am having a bad night.  I feel very poor.  I don't get it.  I had some good days but tonight is awful.  I am so sad and depressed.  I am on my 6th day I think, I can't even remember that.  My body feels like ****.  The RLS are bad.  I am so down.  Why did I do this to myself?  I just needed to vent.

Shelby
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey shelby...the depression from withdrawals is a really sucky part of the process. i've been there so many times i cant even count. i remember when me and my brother, (who were raised in a mormon family where money was never an issue)were living in an apartment together, and we switched from trying vicodin and percocets every once in a while, to getting oxycontin, then eventually black tar. we got so bad that i pawned all my electronic stuff...ps2, xbox, dvd player, etc. and we were always scrounging for money just to keep the withdrawals away...id sit and cry in my room all the time just wishing i could be in a different life.
i think you should give yourself some credit...just GETTING to the 5th or 6th day is outrageously hard, unless your locked up or in rehab, which im assuming youre not. youre gonna feel better tomorrow, then the next day, a little better, same with the next, and the next, and the next, until you feel completely normal. im on day 3 from suboxone withdrawals and i have to work in the morning...so im not very happy either.
plus, if you read my other post, you'll see why this is a really bad day for me. but i just try to keep myself happy knowing that i can overcome this horrible drug and put it all behind me.
Helpful - 0
Guns right just take it for what it is it'll get better day after day. You really can't do anything about it. It's hard but you can do it. Just remember that the depression is all in your head. hang in there, be strong and you'll be fine.
Eric
Helpful - 0
hi shelby honey I just read your post, have you soaked in a hut tub or just stood in a hot shower yet for the rls, I'm still doing that - maybe i'm now addicted to hot showers.  Yes you will have good days and bad days but you know that already, tomorrow will look better and you'll have another day under your belt. As for your question Why do we do this to ourselves. For the high of course that's all we are thinking about not our family or friends or even what we are doing to our bodies. Then one day something hits us in the head and we wake up and see what we have done with our lives and then the hard work comes if we want our lives back to normal. I'll say and extra prayer for you tonight so you'll get some sleep and have a great day #7. Take Care, Terri
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
each day gets better... I'm the kind that wants it right now right now.... Colonidine if you can get some/??
Helpful - 0
Hi Shelby
by now you've made it through the night, and I hope everything is looking better for you this morning. You can do this. One thing that's certain is change, and no matter how bad you're feeling now, it will get better. Thanks for being a positive influence on this board. You're more important than you realize.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.