Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
214607 tn?1287677559

Shelby74

How are you feeling today? I am still weak, but feeling much better than yesterday. I guess everyday does get better.

Li
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I am doing a lot better this morning.  Last night sucked but I made it through which is the important part.  I amazed myself too by not even thinking about taking a pill to feel better - just wasn't an option.

Thanks for checking on me and I am glad to hear you are ok.  The weakness is hard too.  We start to get a little better but then have no energy to do anything!  Just think we have another day under our belts...that is something to be proud of.

hugs and prayers,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I couldn't agree more. Every morning I think to myself, 16 days ago, I would have woken up, and popped about 5 80mg Oxys, before I would even get out of bed..This morning I woke up, felt a million times better then I have in three years...lol...(w/out drugs)...It is a lifelong battle. I too had a rough night last night, early on, then I finally fell asleep. I was lying there thinking, "How on earth could I have done this to myself"..But, it has been nothing short of a lesson learned. The things I have seen, and the things I have come to realize I am actually capable of, are mind-boggling to me. I almost can't believe it..But now I have learned from it and am done with it.

The days will get better, I promise. i think the worst of it is over for you too. Keep doing what u are doing and dont take any pills, that was the mistake I made and I found that I had top take something everynight to fall asleep. I think I prolonged my withdrawal, I dont mean opiates, but the meds my dr. gave me..I think that is why I am so tired still, 16days later...lol...Well good luck Shelby74, you have been a huge help and inspiration...You will never know..

Thank u..

Lis
Helpful - 0
Thanks sweetie and you have been an inspriation to me.  Thank you for sharing your story - it really meant something to me.  I am so glad that I am getting to know you and the other people on this board.  You guys are all so special, kind and loving.  Things I have not taken notice of in a long time.  My life has been all about me and the drugs.  I have lost a lot of friends and my relationship with my extended family is strained because of my decade of using.  I forgot how important other people were in my life - god I let so much go because I wanted to get high!  I am so angry at myself for that but I know there is nothing I can do about the lost time.  I have to get better and make things better with all my loved ones.  

Thanks again Li.

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Oh gosh, you sound so much like me. I have isolated myself from everyone. The lies that I have made up over the past three years are unreal. When my husband was alive, and we were both addicted to OC, we would come up with the craziest stories to our freinds and families as to why we never were around, never answered our phone, never attended family functions just fell of the face of the earth. After he died, and I continued in my never ending stupor, I still isolated myself and it has been almost 2 1/2 weeks and am now starting to hang with my friends and return phone calls. I actually did a load of wash this morning...who would have thought...lol...Anyway, its amazing what happends to your whole thought process and social being when you are an addict. Literally, a different world is seen through the eyes of an addict. Well, keep up the good work...you can do it...I am here every weekday, but not on the weekends, until i fix my computer at home..lol..Yet another thing on my three year list of to do's....lol...

Thanks for listening sweetie...

xooxo

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.