Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
214607 tn?1287677559

Breathing Troubles....to Anyone

Does anyone find that they are having trouble breathing? I am not sure, but I feel real tight in the chest, like i can't breath all that great. I mean, its enough, but no real deep breaths...Just asking...

Also, is anyone experiencing moments of stupidity. I am a secretary and am forgeting how to spell simple words...lol...

God Bless..

Lisa
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi:  I just finished posting this on another site and noticed someone was asking about breathing problems.  Just wanted to let you know that I've just learnt that Peppermint tea helps clear out the lungs while the cilia is being repaired in our lungs..it helps with congestion and apparently breathing is then easier.

I'm going to go to the healthfood store and grab a box tomorrow!

I also wanted to mention a couple more things.  Cod liver oil also helps to restore healthy cells, and also builds your immune system against colds etc...

The other thing, is that ive been reading that alot of folks are having trouble with thyroid after quitting, whether it be underactive or overactive, mostly underactive from what I've seen.  Anyway, taking Vitamin B helps to regulate our thyroid so wanted to pass that along also.  I myself, take Vitamin B complex the 50's which means each vitamin has 50 millagrams in it, and it also helps with stress and anxiety.

I am not a Doctor or nurse, but I read alot and research health books and most of the things i have tried have been very successful.  If any of these suggestions even help one person then it was worth posting this info.!

All the best everyone!
Jojo
Helpful - 0
The breathing I have not experienced any problems with.  Just anxiety and sometimes that makes me feel like I am short of breath.  I was sneezing too there for awhile but that is gone.  Otherwise my breathing is ok.  Has this been constant? Is it real bad?  

It is so funny when you said you were a secretary - so am I! lol  I have had to use the dictionary for words I used to know.  I sometimes can't remember if I did something or not - like take my vitamin at night.  Just stupid stuff but I have no recollection!  

Shelby

Helpful - 0
I am glad it's not too bad.  I am sorry though, one more thing to have to deal with.  A lot of people don't understand the addiction and I doubt most would recognize it.  I am not too worried about my work finding out.  I don't think you should either.  Besides, we will be better for this in the end.

I hope you have a comfortable and nice night Lisa.

I will be praying for you and everyone else here.

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
I had the same problem when I was taking the pills and noticed it for about a week after I got clean. If you feel like an elephant is sitting on your chest or your left arm hurts, please go to the ER. Have a nice day!

Tim
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
LOL>..that is too funny. My boss was like, are u ok?? I looked at some of my mistakes and was dumbfounded..

As far as the breathing, it is adjustable, but annoying. I am ok though. I am assuming that sneezing is a normal part of w/d, because if I tell one more person that my allergies are acting up, I am gonna laugh..Everyday, I go on a 4-6 sneeze ina row stint, about every 20 mins...lol...

I am leaving soon, so I will see you tomorrow.

Good luck, and take care...

xoxo
\
Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.