Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Hi, Newbie Here

I'm new here and I've been on soboxone for 2 weeks now.  I'm starting to think I can live a "normal" life for the first time in years.  
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Welcome... that a great feeling... I just started Sub yesterday.. I am looking forward to that feeling...
Are you tapering off of it now??  How long do you plan to use it??
Helpful - 0
my doc said I can use it indefinately. Its for maintaince. It really does
work. I'm not preoccupied with those thoughts anymore. The chace I call it.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I urge you to do a bit more research. Docs are still figuring this all out in my opinion.. I have read alot of testimonials of people who used it long term and could not get off of it.. It is a opioid  it is replacement like methodone.  
I wish you the best of luck in your journey.. I am not knocking what you are doing at all.. I hope it helps you.. I  have just heard the best luck is if it is used less than 6 weeks.
Again welcome
Helpful - 0
thankyou for the warm welcome. i can feel the love here. thats what
doc said along with what you said that it is new and he's still learning
from all of us using it and honestly keeping him updated on my progress.
i dont think i will be on it indefinately cuz after reading your experences
i dont ever have to go thru the withdrawl like that again. by the way i was
eating vicodone, percocetts, and dilaudid. i'm 52 yr. old mom of four.
my son enlisted in the Navy and i wanted  to have something good to tell
him when he comes home.  i can't have him worring about me. it was a
love for the kids thing and just being tired of the whole damm chasing thing.    
i was tired. and now i feel pretty good. if theres hope for me, theres hope for anyone. i did quit smoking pot back in feb.
Helpful - 0
Welcome!

Please let me know how you progress with the Sub.  I am considering it myself.  I have been clean for 7 days now and it is still a bit of a battle.  

Just be careful with it like Fladdict said.  Last thing an addict needs is another addiction.

I am sure your son is going to be very happy with your progress!

All my best,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
thankyou shelby hon, thankyou so much!
Helpful - 0
Hi i'm new here also good luck with the Sub i know a few people that take it heard it's very similar to methadone which personally i don't consider to be a good thing as i've heard family members that go to the clinic describe methadone as "liquid handcuffs" ...yikes...just as any pill besides something to control a disease such as diabetes, cancer, or heart disease of any kind your body doesn't really need it although it gets used to it and it may be hard to quit and it is possible (even though i'm having alot of trouble myself) if i can't get myself off the bad stuff (hydrocodone) i'll try something along the lines of suboxone myself probably good luck and take care i'll keep in touch

God Bless, B
Helpful - 0
i understand the use of methadone or suboxone,etc. as fladdict explains her schedule and timeline, heres my question,,,,i"ve read 2 or 3 posts like the one above,,,off pills for 7 or more days and now thinking about suboxone. since in most cases the drug is out of your system in 72 hrs why start the suboxone ? i"m absolutely not asking to offend anyone cause i obviously dont know anything about suboxone. also if you do get on suboxone ( i heard indefinatly and maintanance ) is it like other drugs ,,you HAVE to take it everyday or hrs cause one of the feelings i have when using is the feeling of being in prison or restriction. rather i was going to work,to the lake or on vacation i had to think about my " supply " and what happens if i cant get to it,,its in your luggage and your luggage gets lost or things like that. when i went in for major back surgery i took an emergency stash of pills to the HOSPITAL,so anyway,bottom line i guess is whatever it takes..just curious,gl all
Helpful - 0
Ok tomany i just have to say LMAO at the emergency stash for back surgery....that got a good laugh out of me.......i've been in a similar situation i once almost went to jail for having a stash in my pocket getting metal detected at an aquarium that i took my mother to on her birthday....LOL got outta that one by a hair anywayz  io just keep up the good work do what works for you but remember the best thing whether or not we all want to admit it i think is to leave it all alone.....suboxone, methadone, hydrocodone, oxycodone w/e it may be.....everyone struggles but it's worth the fight!

god bless, B
Helpful - 0
thankyouall for your thought and ideas and experiences. my thought
is he got me off of zannax, vicodone, hydrocodine,and  dilaudid.,and somas.
five kinds of pills for one that i have to use with caution. its a good deal
for me and i feel alot better about myself.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Please do not find any of our posts discouraging..  I may have come off a little strong today.. (sub is making me edgy)  I hope this helps you and that you find you don't need it as long as you thought at first.. also do research.. there are other forums out there you can read and get first hand experience on this. I just found that peolpe really suffered if they were on it longer than to just detox. I am scared of the stuff.. i wouldn't let the doc start me on high dose.. i just refused.. and I am glad I did.. i am only taking 6 mgs a day and it is my second day. He wanted me to take 16mgs a day.. Like I said docs are still figuring this out.. it hasn't been out in the US that long..
Best of luck to you...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.