Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

marijuana and pregnancy

i used to smoke pot, but stopped on the first sat in march before i found out i was pregnant, im now going on my fouth month of this pregnancy and im still coming up postive for marijuana, my husband still smokes but now where near me,nor in house. could us still have sex cause me to come up postive in a drug test?
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Welcome to the forum,,,,

In my opinion both of you owe this child everything......this child did not ask to come into the world.........
I know people will say that pot is no big thing.....
But I disagree when you bring a child into this world the parents must do everything to make sure the child has a chance to obtain there full potential.......
You said you quit and that is great but hubby should stop because he is starting a family...
Drugs of any shape or size has no place in raising a family...that bag of weed, the cost should go to the babies needs and I think it is very important that parents raise a child with a clean blood stream and rational responsible thoughts......
All I ask is that you put your unborn child at the top of your list and everything else second........
Good luck, dont' forget bringing a child into this world between you and your husband is a gift,  and the most beautiful and important thing the two of you will ever experience..........

Good luck and I hope that I didn't offend anyone.......
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
depending on how long you smoked up the thc gets stored in your fat  talk to your doc about this.. you may not be elimating toxins from your body properly..
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
Is your dr doing the testing?  Do they have any idea as to what's going on?
Helpful - 0
they had been sending it out to labcorp for the test to be done, but starting in july when i go back they will be testing my pee there at the office. i think she thinks im lying and im still smoking. but i swear to the lord up above ive quit, i quit smoking cig, after 26 years of smoking them.
Helpful - 0
yes i get tested once a month. I am completely baffled by this. There should be no way im still testing postive. with my last last preganacy it took 60 days( 2 months) to come up clean. but like i said im now starting my fouth month.
Helpful - 0
thank you, that is kinda what i was thinking since im a more full figure woman, but ive also been told (not by my doc)that it doesnt matter. but i will talk to my doc about it.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
talk to your doc.. being curvy may have something to do with but also any fat burning from being pregnant..  If you are burning fat then that stored stuff would be released.. i had a friend who from being pregnant lost weight from the amount of energy the baby was taking... these are just my thoughts.. i am no expert with Pot at all..
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I'm no expert but the pot should be out of your system by now.  I don't even think (unless I'm wrong and please someone correct me if I am) that you would test positive if ehs moked right next to you......
It seems strange to me if you're not smoking that you're still coming up positive.  Are you being tested regularly??
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.