Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

ok so about the vicodin..

alrite well i have taken all of your guy's advice into consideration and i appreciate all that u had to say. it has definitelay made me think a lot more and i may/probably wont do it now.. but u never know. yes i am 17 years old and i guess just lookin for a good time. and i dont see what u guys said as a good time. but what i thought it would be like is.. i just became friends with this one girl who i love! and her bf's best friend now likes me so its usually us 4 all the time. me and her love to party and try new things. i have never done drugs besides weed like once or twice. oh actually she got me to smoke a couple ciggaretts.. anyway, we kinda want to find a way to lose weight and i dont mean going to the gym or eating healthy cuz i already do that and i dont need any mroe of that.. plus, its not like imover wieght, im 110lbs and we just want to shed some wieght, using a method other than cocaine cuz that stuff would be going way too far, so i just figured a little vicodin could help.. i dunno it sounds dumb. it started out when i wanted to make quick money and so someone offered me $300 for the 2 bottles and i got kinda sketched out and so my friend told me instead of selling it and gettin into that, it would be better to just try it with her and i kinda agreed.. better than getting caught selling.. and leaving it there sitting in the med cabinate would be a waste....... i dunno.........
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
vicodin = heroin in a pill, (with a little tylenol for your headache)
Helpful - 0
Please dude. Everyone on here for the most part started out on pills just to have a good time. I did. I am 22 and I started when I was 16 with Lortabs, Percs, Vikes, etc. Then it went to Oxycontin and then Methadone. I had a short stint with heroin, but I felt like a junkie. Imagine that...I figured as long as I wasn't doing heroin I wasn't a junkie. When you go out on Friday night and party, I'm sure the last thing on your mind will be these posts. But think about this before you do it-as I sit here and type this I have sweat pouring from me everywhere, yet I'm cold. I'm shaking. I constantly feel like I have to take a ****. I look forward to absolutely no sleep tonite. I am an ******* to the people I love. And it all started with those Lortabs on Friday night....What I wouldn't do to be 17 again and do it all over. Luckily, I am only 22. My whole life isn't ruined.  The losing weight thing is ridiculous bro. You're a dude and you weigh 110. The only thing you'll lose by doing them is money, pride, and the respect from everyone around you. And whatever you do, DONT LISTEN TO THE PEOPLE SELLING THEM TO YOU!! They want you to buy them, they dont give a rats ass about you. Good luck and please make the right choices.
Helpful - 0
214255 tn?1205635636
I was at the same place you were at your age and now 25, i started drinking HEAVILY not good when it runs in your family...Then off to weed cig's cocain and now here I am spent THOUSANDS of dollars on pain pills vicodine percocets and oxy cotin...Don't do it,cause your friends are thats not the cool thing to do even tho you may think so people will respect you more for making your own decisions.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You will lost weight... its called getting out of puberty...
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
I lost 35 pounds on the stem-fast diet.  

Ohhh, but I turned gray, too.  Didn't like that.

Then there was that people-always-pointing-guns-at-me thing.  
Didn't like that part either.

: )

CATUF
(1Y364D)
Helpful - 0
I'm gonna make this short and sweet hun, i'm mid twenties and ruined 10 years of my life to drugs......8 to MJ, meth, coc, alcohol.....the last 3 to lortab/vicodin there's pleasure in doing it yes, but there is absolutely no pleasure when you become an addict because it ruins your life and hurts the people that care about you.  I'd rather be HUGE than lose weight by coc, ice, pills w/e......trust me being fat and happy is better than being skinny and strung out....LOL trust me and i'll say it like they told you in 2nd grade "Say no to drugs"  (guess that wasn't so short)

god bless, B
Helpful - 0
hey, just thought i'd throw in my 2 cents. im 20, graduated in 05, so im not too much older than you. i started taking a few vicodin here and there about half way through my senior year, then eventually someone told me about oxycontin, and that you could snort it and it was way stronger than vicodin, so i jumped on that bandwagon. anyways, i could go through everythings thats happened since my senior year, but i wont, because it woudld take forever. basically, all it lead to was a heroin addiction that im still fighting with now. and im not the kind of person that you would expect to be a drug addict...i played varsity baseball, had lots of friends, blah blah blah and here i am. so do what you want, but just know that opiates are a really dangerous drug to mess with, especially if youre just trying to lose weight...
Helpful - 0
176495 tn?1301280412

I have an 18 year old daughter who thought it would be cool to snort adderol.  She snorted 2 or 3 tablets over the course of a day.  Took her 3 days before she could finally sleep and in the course of those 3 days was absolutley pshychotic. She also thought at one point it would be fun to snort vicodin, oxycontin, etc.  After threatening suicide she was
hospitalized for a week, hospitalized again and after about 2 months has finally seen
the light.  She also sees her mother and I both addicted to vicodin (and her mother is
addicted to Oxycontin) and the struggles we're going through to get off them.

Yep, drugs sound and look like a lot of fun.  I grew up in the SF Bay Area in the 60's..believe me I know.  Stop and think about what people in here are telling you..sure,
just a bunch of old farts trying to ruin your fun.  

It ain't worth it.  As I told my daughter...the high is gone and you're left with the same problems/situations you had a few hours earlier.  The drugs are not going to help.

Listen to what is being said here...these people care about you and your friends.

bg
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
That was a really great post... So sorry your daughter had to find out the hard way.. I feel so old saying things like " these kids today" and such..  I feel bad this girl had me really upset and frustrated.. I did respond in a way I wouldn't normally.. Your post was very well said. I wish I could have been that eloquent about it..
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Listen.. You are very young.. Messing with drugs is no way to spend these years of your life.. when i was your age I was homeless living in my car shooting heroin.. Do you wanna end up like me???  I lost weight.. I weighed 80 pounds when they took me to rehab.. and I was yellow and my hair was falling out...
I don't even want to get into the fact that you wanna lost weight when you weigh 110... that just a whole other ordeal...
Pot pills whatever.... doesn't matter... the ruin lives... I had 6 years clean.. I started taking VICODIN...... here I am 26 yrs old..... trying to get offf.....
If you wanna mess with your life go ahead.... but please stop playing with drugs like you have any idea what you are doing....
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.