Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

To GunsnStaleys

Hey I just read a post of yours. Your addiction seems similair to mine. Although I only dabbled in black tar, I was huge on Oxycontin and Methadone. I took Suboxine for nearly a month and weaned myself down. I have now been off of Sub for about 3 days and am feeling like ****. How long and how bad will Sub withdrawl be. I start a job on Friday and that will suck feeling like this. Was the withdraw as bad as before you started or what? Thanks man.......Oh and I'm assuming you like Alice in Chains.....They are my alltime favorite.
11 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
hey man. i dont know a whole lot about suboxone, but i'll tell you what i do know. when trying to figure out how long/how bad your withdrawals will be after coming off, you have to take into account a few different things. 1) What drug were you using before? 2) How long were you using it? 3) How many days have you been on suboxone? 4) How much suboxone were you taking? When i detox from heroin, i try to stretch an 8mg pill for as long as i can...maybe 12, 13 days. and when i get around  day 8 and 9, i start dosing every other day. im on my 5th day, and i feel great. not like, really happy or anything, but i dont have any physical withdrawal symptoms.
hope i helped. oh and ya, i love alice in chains. my names a combo of GNR and AIC.
Helpful - 0
oops, i should've said im on my 5th day OFF suboxone.
Helpful - 0
It looks like you and I didn't it the same way. I would make the 8 mg pill last as long as possible. When I first started I took 3/4 of it. But then I got to where I made 1 last about 2 weeks. Im on day 4 off of Suboxine, and I must say, I don't feel too bad. Not as bad as last nite. I slept like ****, but not doin too bad.
Helpful - 0
ya, sleeping is the hardest part for me...i can get through the day fine, but it seems like i get restless legs at night. i stopped getting night sweats like 2 days ago. now, during the day, i pretty much feel fine. today i played basketball and did some climbing at an indoor rock gym place, that definitely made me feel a little better.
music helps too. but its weird...my emotions are so off balance from all this ****, that i'll start to cry for no reason...especially when i hear a song that i truly love, like sweet child o' mine, or no woman no cry.
Helpful - 0
Ya bro. I feel ya man. I'm not tryin to be "the manly man", but im not really a cryer. But I'll break down for no reason. That's when I put on some Bob Marley. "Sun is Shining" will get you out of any bad mood. Next time you think you're gonna lose it put on that. Trust me bro. I must say I've felt a little nausues the last few hours. Have you been gettin a sour stomach from time to time since you got of Sub?
Helpful - 0
Ya bro. I feel ya man. I'm not tryin to be "the manly man", but im not really a cryer. But I'll break down for no reason. That's when I put on some Bob Marley. "Sun is Shining" will get you out of any bad mood. Next time you think you're gonna lose it put on that. Trust me bro. I must say I've felt a little nausues the last few hours. Have you been gettin a sour stomach from time to time since you got of Sub?
Helpful - 0
ya, it made my stomach a little off balance but it's getting better every day. seriously, thats the truth of it...every single day is better than the one before...and thats what keeps me going. i went to the library today and got some books, spent some time with my family...things i hardly ever did when i was doing heroin. id usually just watch tv in my room and nod off. great son, eh?
Helpful - 0
Oh I know. Check this out. I moved up to Ohio a few weeks ago, back in with moms. I don't know anyone here, and that's why I came. It was the only option. That or rot. My mom didn't know the real reason why I came up here. I've been trying to hide withdrawl from my mom. Not an easy task. She just came into my room a couple hours ago and asked me straight up if I was going thru withdrawl. WHOA. I didn't know what to say. So I came clean and she started crying. Oh jesus do I feel like a piece of ****. "Ya ma, I'm a junkie". But she said she's behind me and proud of me that I came up here to get away from it. I gotta say I feel better that I don't have to hide it, but I feel worse to, ya know? She says she just put 2 and 2 together about me not feeling good and she knew I dabbled as a teen. I wasn't your typical junkie. I played sports my whole life, until I got bad into Oxycontin. She says she noticed how much I changed....chillin in my room since I've been here not doin my usual **** that I normally do. I don't feel like such a good son either. At least when I was noddin out when I was junked out she didn't have to see it.
Helpful - 0
ya i know what you mean man. its so hard to hide it, especially if your withdrawals are bad. i played sports all my life too, pretty much just baseball though, til i got out of high school and went to college. me and my brother both were good athletes, then discovered how sweet OC's felt, and it was all downhill after that. im gonna have to move up to a relatives house for the summer, mainly because i need to get away from this environment...my parents think its to make a lot of money, since i know some people and can get hooked up with a good job, but i know that if i stay here, things will only get worse.
I'm not sure how much you've read on here, but there's something I found called the thomas guide, and i went out and got some of the stuff that was on it. L-Tyrosine is one of them, and its at GNC. it helps with the depression i think, and gives you a little energy. that combined with a multi-vitamin are really good to help get you through it.
Helpful - 0
Cool man ya I'll look into those. I've been taking Centrum and Vitamin C, but that's about it. Ya gettin away is always the easiest way. I say easy, I mean it's hard. But it's easier than being around it. At least you know a few people up there so thats good. I'm startin to feel like a friggin loser just chillin at the house for three weeks now. But at least I'll be a better person for it I guess.
Helpful - 0
By the way, I played baseball too up till 10th grade. That's when it started goin downhill. I played hockey too.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.