Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Whats up with all the e-mailing?

I'm confused and feel a little left out.  How come there are so many e-mails going on and less discution on the board.  It kind of makes me feel left out or disliked.  Wow. not like me to espress a weakness.
28 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
209656 tn?1272297065
Because,

We got a new member "vikes_suck" - and he does not like what others have to say....so he starts his rude, bashing...

That's Why

Personally - To H... w/ him!   I have tried to be nice, and so has everyone else, but guess He just can't get over His Pride!

Todd
Helpful - 0
We can't let people like that stop information stop the baord.  Then new pople lurking won't see the help and support here.  A lot of newbie are affaid of the thought of giving something personal like an e-mail address, it will just scare them away.  Usualy we just ignore the ignorant.  We really aren't a forum if we don't do that are we?
Helpful - 0
Yea I just got on here today and this place is great. All my friends are addicts so I have noone to turn to who knows what it's like to quit. The only friends of mine who quit are dead. We can't stop postin stuff on here. Don't let a dumbass ruin it.
Helpful - 0
some here have personal e mail relationships,i dont think it has anything to do with vikes
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Your absolutly Right!

That's why, I am going to post what I want to post, I already replyed below....if he doesn't like it, pass it by and look at all the other 100's of post!

I'm not holding back my loving support because of his Egotistical Pride!

If he does not like GOD, maybe I'll just pray for him.

God Bless

Todd
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hey there,

I was reading your post when your and Fladdict were talking. I live in California...where did you move from and too?

Also, how you hanging in there?

Todd
Helpful - 0
Maybe but since I have been here in the last month it seems to be happening even more.  I m sure I am being overly sensitive but it does make me feel alittle left out.  For one I'm not real computer savy and I feel like I'm missing out.
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
No,

It was just temp and pretty much over with him. He doesn't like people's posts (especially) "cinnamon" and just starts talking ****

That's all,

I'm thru w/ trying to hold back and be nice. If he can't be man to man with me, then.....

Todd
Helpful - 0
Hey Todd. I'm originally from New York. I had moved down to Florida a few years ago since a few of my best friends moved there. I am now in Ohio. I guess I'm in there. Not feeling too great and it'll probably be a long night.
Helpful - 0
i wasnt saying it is good or bad ,i"m just letting you know its not because of vikes. i know exactly what your saying.
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Ohio???

Is it pretty boring up there?  Yeah, this is my 2nd long night also....it's rough, that's why this forum and all you are great!

Todd

PS: Why Ohio????  LOL
Helpful - 0
This might as well be the middle of friggin Kansas. It sucks here. Why did I come here? Because I didn't know anyone. It was the only option brother. That or rot away.
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Don't worry my friend,

Your not left out...It's just late and nothing has changed, PLUS Dutchess has finally got back from San Diego.

No worry's

w/love

Todd
Helpful - 0
Oh my azzzzzzzzz!!!!!!! what a crock. I have been reading posts here for a while and everyone here has given out their email or yahoo messanger. but now you're going to blame it on me todd? ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! whatevah! I need to add you to cinnamon and tim2h's 2nd grade mentality class. Grow up.
thank you tomanypills for also seeing that I am not to blame for emailing. what a joke. Go play patty cakes in the sandbox with your little friends todd. leave the grown ups to talk by themselves.

peace OUT!
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Yeah my friend,

I remember reading that below.  I think (know) you did the right thing, and if Florida was causing you to stumble, then I would do the same.

Were all after that fruitful drug-free life!

Oh yeah,,..don't you start a new job a couple days?

Todd
Helpful - 0
Ya I do. Im a waiter. Which isn't necassarily the best job when you're goin thru withdrawl.
Helpful - 0
well i wasnt really defending anyone,just stating a fact. folks in here been e mailing each other since long before vikes. i even e someone in the forum,i:m just not public with it,,good,bad, i"m not sayin,,gl and God bless
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Maybe you did not read below:

Cool,

You are a HE and so am I....38 Years Old.

Well, good job on day 15 c/t - It's Hard..!!!!

I am also living proof that I quit alcohol for 368 days c/t with NO spritual help or friends, and l'm ALSO living proof that I LOST my sobriety - because of the "white knuckle-do it yourself-will power"...attitude I had.

That's exactly what made me loose my sobriety, and became addicted to all the drugs, from the 17 times I went back to Detox!

After gaining sobriety (spiritually) - it has been over 3-1/2 years since a drank again....So which one worked better (for me)???

I'm living proof BOTH ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you read my posts, to you....I really am trying to be nice and not let the "old Los Angeles attitude" come out in me.....

Please try to be cool brother! Everyone in here is struggling and needs support, NOT negativety!

What are you trying to Prove?

We are here for you, Only - if you Chill..... T/F/OUT..!

Todd
Helpful - 0
Hey sweetie,
If you read my posts, when I'm givin' out my email and yahoo messenger address, I give it to the person and then turn around and say if anyone else would like to email or instant message me, they are more than welcome to add me then I give my address out after saying that to everyone.  I will give it again, here it is,  2 emails lil_rab2005***@**** or laffy_taffy_lil_rabby***@**** or if you have yahoo messenger mines laffy_taffy_lil_rabby.
Helpful - 0
Thanks.  I'm sure  its just me,  I don't know how all that messenger stuff works and I don't know how to sent pcs or attach..  One of thee days!!!
Helpful - 0
oops sorry lol

hope you have a wonderful day and take care  :)

Hugs,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
LOL you are funny...  but seriously, you can email me anytime you wanna talk.  If you would like to talk to me or anyone on here (alot of us have it and talk all the time to each other) through yahoo messenger (live chat or instant message) go to google "yahoo instant message" then click what pops up... it will say free download or something like that, click the button and it will download to your computer, then you can add us, for me you add laffy_taffy_lil_rabby then you can live chat with me.  It's pretty neat.  I talk to chrosty, lizzielou and some others on here and have become great friends...

Take care and hugz,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Please don't feel left out.  There are a lot of us here that are "new".  And I would be happy to give you my email address "ms.***@****".  Email me anytime you like or anyone here for that matter.  It's not some sort of exclusive club. :)  Everyone is just here to support each other.  Besides, a lot of the others have been coming here for a long time and I am sure are friends.  

Anything you want to talk about we are here.

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
about emailing?  

i think alot of us that have been here a while...have become friends...on a different level than the forum.   it is through emailing and IM chatting that we discuss the "personal" parts of our life...things that have absoultely no importance to the forum...lol.

i also have a few forum friends that simply need that good ole swift kick in the a**...almost on a daily basis.   it is through email and chatting that i can freely do this.   if i did it on the forum...i would be jumped on for being rude.

so i guess what i am trying to say is that because members are talking outside of the forum...doesn't mean the forum is suffering because of it.   probably 90% of our chatting has nothing to do with what is happening on the forum.

i, for one, cannot post my email on the board...i have two...count them...two...forum stalkers who take aim at me from time to time...and let me just say that it is totally undeserved bashing.

huggs to all,
kim    
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.