Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

fedupinmt and morning everyone!

Morning Terri and everyone,

It's real early morning...2:22 a.m. here and I am wide awake.  I did go to sleep at 7 last night though - so I wonder why I am up so early! lol  

Oh and to let you know I do not get to bathe "alone" - I have four cats and one especially that follows me everywhere.  He plays with the bubbles why I am trying to relax.  If anyone goes to the bathroom (I know this is a little gross) he is right there and goes after the swirling water!  He is my little pain but I love him dearly.  He will even lay on my chest and one paw will be on each side of my neck.  There he will sleep until I move him, which he protests everytime!

Day 8 and right now I feel ok.  So I am happy!  I still am a little sore but other then that at this minute I am doing ok - which is a huge step in the right direction.

Love,

Shelby

7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Wow, day 8?  That's awesome!!!  You are doing great and should be very proud of yourself.  Give yourself a big pat on the back!!  I'm on day 19 and I feel wonderful at this minute.  I still think about pills just not as much.  I really feel good today.  I didn't go to sleep last nite yet though but not because I feel like ****, it's cuz I just don't feel like goin' to sleep yet.  Was goin' to take an Ativan but nah, I'll fall asleep when I'm tired.

Your little kitty's sound cute.  I just had my 18 year old cat pass away about 2 months ago.  I had him for 18 years, since I was 18 years old so I had him for half of my life.  Other than my family, he's the oldest friend I had and is still dearly missed.  But he had a long pampered wonderful life that's for sure.  When we found him, he was under the bed.  It looked like he just passed away in his sleep.  I didn't notice him sick at all before it happened, so I think he just died in his sleep which is the way I would want him to go without any suffering.  I loved him soooo much though.  Damn, he was the best cat.  Never got into the garbage, never ate off the table or got on the counters.  He never did anything wrong and like yours he would sit on the bathside and swat at the bubbles while I was taking a bath lol...

I'm here for you if you need me and if I don't respond to a post immediately, I will respond as soon as I get on and read your post.  Take care and you are in my thoughts and prayers.  :)

Hugz,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Morning Lil :)

Day 19 is just wonderful!  You deserve a HUGE pat on the back for that one. :)  And listen to you - sleep when you are tired - isn't it great that you can say that now!  I am not to that luxury yet but I know it's coming.  I am in good spirits this morning - I know I will be tired later getting up so early and having to work today but it's worth it.  SO worth it!

I am so sorry to hear about your cat.  Without realizing it they work there way into your heart and there is no hope after that!  I love my "baby" and he always is there.  No matter if my day was awful or not.  He doesn't care.  He insists on being loved no matter what and thats fine by me.  Sounds to me that your cat had a wonderful life with you - 18 years - my goodness.  You must have taken really good care of him.  And I am sure he took care of you too!  One thing that always strikes me as funny about cats - is they have their own sort of language.  I will ask him if he is hungry and he responds...I have no idea what he is saying but I think it is somewhere along the lines of "yes I was hungry two hours ago but you were still working and so I have had to wait all this time!" lol  

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hi Shelby,

I totally spaced out (w/d's) to your post, it's 8 days now, that's so awesome!

Sorry, still going through these Ambien & Hydro w/d's, and your post has been up for an hour...lol (maybe I should try a nap...lol)

I'm proud of you, just sorness left on the w/d's?

Love,

Todd
Helpful - 0
Congratulations on day 8!  All considered, doesn't it feel great?  
Good luck to you,
Yoda  over 90 days c/t from oxy

lil_rab2005:  Hey are you still up?  I'm really proud of you too.  I can remember you wanting to and talking about quitting, and then boom you up and did it.
Stay strong,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
See above comment from me.
Love ya,
Yoda the Yodes
Helpful - 0
hi there i just have to comment on the day 8 WOW how wonderful stay strong and focused. Hope you have a good day at work. No the cat going to the bathroom didn't gross me out it was moere like "Hey there are  other ppl with cats that control the house." i feel sorry for our visiters if they don't get the door latched tight the cats (a closed door is invition to them) will push it open and walk in. The poor person is like what the ####. they might have more piece and quiet if they went outside. Take Care and have a good day i'll check in with you this evening.Terri
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Day 8...huh?? That is great and I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better. I myself got no sleep and am beat tired now..I had a little RLS, so that sucked too. But overall, much better...Hope to hear from u soon..

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.