Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Good morning all, I'm bright eyed and bushy tailed (???)

I think my dad used to say that.  Anyway, I'm up and ready to start the day.  Hope everyone is doing well, or as well as can be expected.  I feel much better because I was able to get some sleep.
Love,
Yoda
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
yippee...glad to hear that.   so what was your secret to sleep?  and how many hours did you get?

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
Smiling at ya!!  I feel bright eye and bushy haired (bed head) and hanging in there. I am having a hard time with cravings and irritability. I hope this will pass soon. I am going to do some garden work this morning. It is a beautiful day and the sun is shining. The kids are off to school and house is quiet for a change.

Tim
Helpful - 0
Well one of my secrets was the "common sense" things you told me to do.  1) I didn't stay up half the night watching tv and wondering why I couldn't go to sleep.  2) I went out yesterday and really tired myself out.  I was exhausted.  3) I took some tylenol pm and took it early enough for it to have an effect on me by the time I was finished with my bath 4) I took a long hot bath to relax myself.  5) I didn't fight the tylenol pm just because there was something I wanted to see on tv.  I should know these things but I guess my brain is really fried from the years of drug use, lol.
Love,
Yogi
Helpful - 0
That is a great attitude.  I love to garden also.  Hang in there; some of those symptoms will get better soon.
Take care,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
I also have to spend the afternoon with some 4H'rs.  The county extension office here is holding a nutrition camp this week and I get to work with them this afternoon.  I'm sure that will tire me out!  lol
Love,
Yogi
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
EXCELLENT ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

way to use that fried brain of yours...lol...you're on a roll...don't stop now.   pretty soon you'll be as "normal" as me (kidding...i'm far from normal)

i was doing good last night too...went to bed around 11-11:30.   as soon as my head hit the pillow...the phone rang.   damn how i hate the phone ringing after 10:00...usually NOT a good thing.   and this was the case last night.    seems like davis and his g/f were having a little argument...and he was upset.   he started drinking...HEAVILY...i might add.   well he called me and hubby and i had to go and get him...before he hurt himself or somebody else...glad he called...whew!   he was 45 minutes away...so do the math.   OMG...he was plastered.   he fell asleep on the trip home...or should i say went into a drunken "coma".   when i got him home...i couldn't wake him up...i tried about 10 minutes but he wouldn't respond...thought i was going to have to call an ambulance...afraid of alcohol poisoning.   i would have just left him in the car but hubby had pulled him out...just enough...to where he would have hurt himself if he woke up.   i finally had to pour two glasses of cold water over his head and face before he even stirred.   i was soooo scared :(   don't ask me how...guess it is a mother's strength...but i threw his arm over my shoulder and was able...somehow...to get him into the house.   AND OF COURSE...he said he needed to pee...omg...now how was i going to do this?   i got him to the bathroom...unzipped his pants...and held him up from the back while he peed...all over the bathroom floor...don't think he rang the toilet at all.   on the "trip" from the bathroom to the bedroom...he looked at me and said..."who are you?"...what was that about?   anyway i said...i am your mother...he said "good".  wtf?...got him into the bed...not an easy task.

SO...i was mad...hurt...confused...and feeling totally overwhelmed...and that was it for "sleep" for awhile.   i think lil IM'd me around 2 and i talked to her for awhile...then i talked to beach til 3...up at 6:30   why does this always happen when i have such a busy day planned?   i have to take christian to UAB today...3 hour drive...1-2 hour doctor's appt...3 hour drive home.

damn...i'm rambling here...just need to vent.

my hubby asked me last night on the trip to get davis why he had started drinking so much.   i told him it was "addiction substitution" ...happens all the time.   so now...i've got to become the hard a** mother again...

ok...i'll stop...enough is enough...lol

big huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
I am so sorry to hear of your troubles.  But I think that old saying "once a mother, always a mother" is so very true.  I keep hoping my kids will mature and I get little glimpses of it once in a while, but then they'll do something totally stupid and need me again to get them out of their predicaments.
Your kids are very lucky to have you as a mother.  Stay strong, I know you've been through a lot.
Much love,
Yogi
PS - I have to get ready and memorize my speech and presentation for this afternoon.  I don't know if my brain can handle it.  lol
Helpful - 0
Bright eyes and bushy tailed - also very sensitive.  Hope my boss doesn't yell at me today - (not that he ever has) - but I know I would probably collapse in a heap in the floor! lol  I am looking forward to the weekend - I think I might have enough energy to actually do something!  Yeah!!

Hope you are doing well!

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
You'll be ok; just hang in there.  You crack me up sometimes!  I'm doing pretty good; trying to get a grip on my sleeping problems.  Can't seem to fall asleep when I'm supposed to.  Another thing I need to remember is to stop drinking coffee in the late afternoon.  And I am a coffee addict!  Let's face it, I must be addicted to everything!  :)
Love,
Yoda
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.