Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 1 guys.....

well i took my last 20 mg of hydros at 630 this morning.....i'm already feeling crappy believe it or not...:(  i'm considering going to the doctor tomorrow i hope i don't cave in plz give me some encouragement guys.....i have 2 ultram yall think i should save them so i can get some sleep tonight?  

thx, B
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
My opinion because im on day 5 of Wd's from hydro's and xanax. I took hydro's like you but  maybe for a lil longer. day 1 & 2 were bad for me(without taking anything at all) but day 3,4,5 seem to be getting better as they go. because i took xanax's also i think alot of my wd's right now are from them and not the hydro's i think i have them pretty much under control. I feel awake but no energy..my mind races and then bam im sleepy and cant sleep. i have been drinking green tea and taking the melatonin to sleep. everyday gets better as you go..if your going to stop..now is a good time since you have already asked for advice and are looking for help. hang in there..the end result is much better. the wd's wont last forever but taking the hydro's dailey will make them prolong out longer. each person is different and each person will handle this differently..i hope this works out for you. your not alone..the forum is open 24/7    LOL j/k somebody is usually here all the time.
good luck
Helpful - 0
I don't how to give the advice on qutting but I was taking about 4 or vics that were 5-7.5mgs each day for 2 months and quit cold turkey without any meds, no sleeping pills, nothing, and I worked 8hours everyday that I had withdrawls it was hard but worth it I am on day 8 and I am feeling pretty damn good. I am so glad I quit the only thing now is staying clean and getting past the emotional and anxiety part.
You'll get through it
Best Wishes
-kim
Helpful - 0
Hi, welcome to the forum.... yes you can do this.  You should be very proud of yourself for just gettin' this far.  It's hard to get past the idea of your needing to quit them.  Now the next step is tryin' your hardest not to take anymore.  There are alot of people on here that are very supportive and kind hearted people.  If you need anything or just wanna chat to pass time away, post post post away!!  I'll be here for ya, take care and you are in my thoughts and prayers, hugz,  Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks for the support people i feel this forum will be of great help to me during this time. I'll be honest.....i'm not doing so well as of right now i want a lortab so bad i can't stand it...but i'm gonna try my best to take the weekend off so i can get back to work sunday night i hope it wont last more than 3 days do you guys think i'll be able to work after 3 days? Cuz there really isn't a choice lol and another thing i've been considering going to the doctor tomorrow i know i don't need to do that......i hope i wont wish me luck guys

thx. b
Helpful - 0
Yes, I wish you the best of luck.  Definitely keep yourself busy and post as much as possible to vent or whatever you need to do, not to go to docs.  You are doin' awesome!! I'm proud of you!!!  It's only natural to think of those little devil pills every minute of the day but each day that goes by without one, the further in between thinkin' about them you will do.  I'm on day 19 and instead of thinkin' about them every minute of the day like I was doin' for the first 5 days, I think about it maybe 3 or 4 times an hour now.  I try and stay busy during thinkin' about one.  The busier you are the more you won't think about one and also it will pass more time goin' by.  By 3 days later, you should actually be able to go to work.  Sometimes work is better than anything else cuz it takes your mind off of them alot longer.  At least you have a job.  I've been lookin' for a job for 2 months.  I had to quit my job of 4 years cuz everyone there would ask if I wanted to buy a pill.  I couldn't quit doin' pills if it was around me all over the place at work.  Pretty bad when u hafta get away from the job to quit pills but that's what I had to do.

I wish you luck and prayers, hugz,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
Congrads on wanting to quit and yes you are going to go through a lot of ups and downs but think to yourself IT IS WORTH IT AND YOU ARE WORTH IT TOO!! :) Day 5 for me and let me say I am noticing all the little things I took for granted and boy I feel great as will you. I went through it all in the course of 4 days; emotional upheaveal, sleep w/d, restleness, sweats, stomach pain, congestion, and sneezing - I DO NOT WANT TO GO THROUGH THAT AGAIN. Mind over PILLS......Believe in yourself  as we all do and know that you can do it.

Kind regards

Alex
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.