Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Okay...here's something to do in your spare time....(keeps your mind off pills, too...)

I posted this site once before, but I want to post it again for everyone. I am addicted to this place..lol...
Its called 'freecycle.com'. You have to have a yahoo ID to get to it, its a yahoo group.
Its a FREE everything site, in your area. You go to the group, type in your zip code, and it pulls up people that are offering free stuff in your area. Its also full of 'wanted' items that people are looking for, too. Kind of like a 'craigs list' only all THIS stuff is FREE! Like a free garage sale! I LOVE FREE! :)
I've already got a couch from there, a lamp...shoot, this one family offered a CAR free to a family that needed one. I have seen things from towels to sheets to furniture to clothes to CARS being offered. Its a great site, And the only rule is what you offer has to be FREE. They have a freecycle in every area. So go check it out, it will definitely keep you busy! I know it keeps me busy! lol

Okay...go check it out! (Good grief, I sound like a commercial) lol
Love
jen
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You are a sweetheart!
Helpful - 0
Actually, I had you in mind when I posted this...(but don't tell anyone...lol)
I just thought it would be a great way for you(and everyone else)to keep busy. I get like 50+ emails a day of things that ppl are offering in my area free. Like I said, I'm picking up a gray sectional couch on Friday from a lady a few miles from here. And with kids, WOW---there are SO many ppl freecycling (that's what they call it ) kids clothes and shoes and toys...you name it!
I'm a garage sale JUNKEE! lol with six kids---we HAVE to be on the lookout for free or used stuff! :)
Go check  it out, get a yahoo ID first, then go to groups, and type in 'freecycle'. it'll guide you from there. I love it! :)

Love
Jen
Helpful - 0
I was thinking of donating. It would be so much easier than renting a bin to throw it away. We have a mess of stuff that we don't use. I will tell you a funny story. I had this man working for me from Taiwan and I mentioned to him that we donated our old car to "the society for the blind" and they were coming to pick the car up and it was a tax write off. He said to me so seriously "Tim, blind people can't drive", LOL, I will never forget that. I did explain to him that it was donated to the blind. What a nice guy he was, he sent all his money to his grandmother in Taiwan and there wasn't a selfish bone in his body. It goes to show you how different cultures can be.
Helpful - 0
Okay, my hubby is a carpenter. He's the forman of his crew and he recently hired on a new guy. This guy's name is ''turbo''(they call him that cuz he runs the lull out there on the site, they all have their little nicknames) ANYWAY, turbo was in the service and just got back from some third world country..I wanna say Kossovo, but I'm not sure. Anyhow, he met and married a woman from there and brought her back to the States. Turbo was telling the guys that the other day when he got home his new bride was making stew. He said it smelled great. They sat down to eat and she told him (in broken english, she's still learning) that she got the MEAT for the stew from THE HIGHWAY in front of their HOUSE!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL Turbo said that he spit it out immediately, and explained to his new bride that ROADKILL in America isn't DINNER!!!!!!
LOLOLOLOLOLOL
Turbo told all the guys that all he could think of was what the neighbors must have been thinking when she's out there scraping some roadkill off the street! LOL
My husband was laughing so hard when he told me this, he could barely get the story out. Poor turbo. Talk about different cultures! lol

Love
Jenny
Helpful - 0
You are killing me, I am laughing so hard. I have to tell you this one. I was a manager for a beer distributership and we had a gopher that was not the brightest bulb on the circuit. He would go up to a lady and snap her bra strap. I took him into my office and told him that he could not do that, it was sexual harrasment. He nodded his head and I thought for sure he understood where I was coming from. It was no less than three hours later a pretty young lady reported him snapping her bra strap. I told his manager to fire him immediatly and give him 2 weeks severance. He told my manager "I was on my lunch hour and you can't fire me" well, yes we could. He really thought that he could do it on his own time. heh heh
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Thanx for making me laugh cause I needed it right now!  

Two people are walking talking about how you pronouce Hawaii and one says, "is it pronounced, Hawahee or Havahee?"

and the other says, "it's Havahee."

"Thank-you so much, I always wanted to know that."

And the other says, "You're Velcome."
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.