Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Do you feel like your emotions aren't the same since quitting?

I feel like my emotions are completely out of whack...like for example, I'll be watching tv, and start crying during a commercial. Like in the movie dumb n dumber...when harry and lloyd are in their hotel room, and they're crying at the tv...its like that, but its real...thats the weird thing. its so weird. it happens the most when i hear a song that i really like, like sweet child o' mine by GNR, or when i see something or read about something that's said (i.e. september 11th).
anyways, just wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
216046 tn?1193943404
Thanks, Jaws.  I hope u r right. Thanks for responding to my post.
Helpful - 0
Oh absolutely!  Feeling down, then up, then sad and then K Todd posts and well he is a nut so always makes me feel better!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
I saw a video the other day where a marine surprised his little boy at school. He just got back from Iraq and his son didn't know. I lost it. I was like "what the hell is goin on here"??? On the other end, I woke up with a zit the other day and just about punched a whole in the wall.....makes no sense.
Helpful - 0
I used to believe that about being "fun and exiting" on pills.. It is not true!  After a while on them you just take them to be normal.  Life on life's own terms is fun.  Being in touch with oyour own emotions and your true self is fun.  Your hubby will love you because you ARE you, not a product of a high!  That is the BIG LIE we give in to-that we are only worth being around when we are upn pills.  Pills ROB US OF OUR LIVES!!!!!!!  Please don't buy the lie anymore.  You are wonderful just as you are and no pill can make you beetter!
Helpful - 0
"hole"---not "whole".....I'm a smart kid...
Helpful - 0
216046 tn?1193943404
Hi, i'm new to this forum, posted a couple times today so far.  What I found is that i feel i have lost all my creativity, excitement for my job, my life, and my marriage, and no sexual desire at all. Yeah, so im working a tapering progam, but i feel my zest for life and my marriage will change secondary to a "new" me, I will end up drug-free, boring, and alone.  All my husband knows, is me "high" and full of life. So, what's the point.
Helpful - 0
Darn those emotions. It is a big part of the addiction w/d phase. You go through many of them. I was watching Jeopardy and i got irritated; then i turned the channel and watched a cartoon and cried GO FIGURE. In time they will pass. Your body is just adjusting. Stay strong......

Alex
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.