Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Today

Well guys I just got home after a grueling day at work - so, so busy.  I handled it though!  I amazed myself.  Day 8, getting up at 2 am this morning and I was actually able to function.  I am just so grateful!  I am dead tired now and my legs ache but not nearly as much as before.  I will be taking it easy this weekend though - if everyday was like today I know I would not make it - at least not yet.  I just wanted to share this for all of you on Day 1, 2 or whatever.  Things DO get better.  I know it is no guarantee tomorrow will be the same but I am just taking it one step at a time.  The only drawback to my day was I was not able to post here as much.  I was thinking about all my new friends here and praying (hoping) that you found some peace and happiness today.

Love,

Shelby
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had three days at home.  I did nothing.  Except watch movies and cry everyday...not a bad cry...I think we have numbed ourselves for so long that there is a huge amount of emotion trying to get out.

Are you able to stay home?

Hug,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Thank you for that sweetie!  I will keep posting - you guys keep me going.  I am not sure where I would be without the support from everyone here.  It is so vital to my recovery and I am sure everyone else's.  It is kind of like a weight lifted off your shoulders - you don't have to go through this alone - great feeling (with or without sleep ;)

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Day 8 will be here before you know it!  And it only gets better after that.  Everyday we will continue to get better, at least physically.  Which is a great comfort.  I want to hear from you daily - I want to know you are doing ok.

Hug,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
good to hear that theres hope.  i'm on day 1--wait its over 24 hours does that make it day 2?! how many days till you could work?
Helpful - 0
you are doing great.  Days fly by when you look back.  Just like being a teenager - becoming a senior or college for 4 or 8 years seem forever.  When you get older it seems like nothing.  Thats kin of what w/d are like.  You are doing awesom - keep it up.  You are an insperation, especialy to the newbies.  Keepposting so that y9our progress is noted!!
Helpful - 0
hey shelby, glad to hear you're doing well. being on day 8 is huge...im on day 5, and day 8 seems far far away. staying busy definitely helps a lot...doing whatever you can to keep your mind off of drugs makes the time go by a lot faster. i got some exercise today, and that helped a lot. i hope things continue to get better for you.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.