A
A
A
Close

Hey, where did everyone go?

I am here now, where is everyone?
10 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
were all here.. trying to keep it together.. ;)  how are YOU doing..? i know this effing sucks.. im starting to finally go through withdrawal.. i went from 10 percocets a day to 2 a day.. and im moody, feel like im crawling out of my skin, i snap at everyone who comes my way, i feel like screaming and i want to feel anything but this.. i keep reading posts saying that this wont last forever.. and youll be glad you did it.. you honestly have to keep thinking that way.. but its hard not to think about when youll get your next fix.. especially when your supply has run out..
sometimes its mind of over matter.. because when im trying to withdrawal, when i know i have some for back up i feel okay.. but when i know im out.. like right now.. i freak.. a lot of it is mental..

so whats up with you?
Helpful - 0
Well, I am not having a good day.  With the help of my hubby, i tapered from 100 to 160 mg of hydro a day to none in two weeks.  this was two weeks ago.  i was doing good, then my script for paxil ran out, got to busy to call the dr last friday, ended up in withdrawal from that over the weekend, and caved to more hydro to combat the headache from no paxil.  i had to tell hubby what i did today.  god i hate disappointing him.  so now, i am tapering again starting tomorrow.
Helpful - 0
yeah i know its SO hard.. i just did a post about the depression that goes along with withdrawal.. and my mom is the one who is helping me with this.. she is the person i stole the percocet/vicodin from in the first place.. and she doesnt realize that after i came clean i started taking it from her again.. and i disappoint her every day because im sure she knows.. ugh.. a lot of people on here say "just quit all together" or "go through detox" .. and ive tried quitting altogether but failed miserably since i have a mental breakdown practically.. and detox is not something i can afford.. since i have no health insurance or income right now.. pills rule my life. i cant go to work, school, or hang out with friends unless i have the pills..

but anyway.. its going to be allright.. my mom always said that you want to find a husband that loves you in spite of yourself.. and accepts you for your flaws.. and we all have flaws.. ours are just a little more intense than others.. :)

if you have aim we can talk on there, let me know!

ps. get that prescrip of paxil from your doc! and also i started taking vitamin b for stress.. and it actually helps.. get some.. it cant hurt!

Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
God, I know the feeling, when you have some and when you dont....is that a trip how are mind well freak us out like that? Hope the misery and pain fades away soon!

Hope you feel better,

Todd

"opiateaddict": Wow, that was a fast taper! I tried it from 9 hydro's (7.5) a day,,and that only lasted 37 hours.

Then I took some off Fladdicts advise, and just went 1 or 2 at a time and let my body adjust.

So right now, I am down from 9 a day, to 4 a day (and holding) along with 10mg of Valium.

Today is my 1st day 100% off of the 12.5 Ambein....all these drugs, and drug to couteract...lol

Hope you do better, on this tapper down! - Try some B-Complex Daily too...that really helps.

Todd
Helpful - 0
I hope I do better this time around also.  My hubby wanted me to taper slower, but I want what I want when I want it!!  I wanted to be done and over asap.  I really wanted to just go cold turkey but with my job, my hubby rationalized that wouldn't be such a good idea.  I own an insurance agency and i am a bail bondsman, so i am required to be nice to people all day.  lol.  nice, all day,  ugghhh.  he was right, tho, in and out of the jails at all hours, is not fun anyway, and being in full blown withdrawals would really suck.  we are going to taper me down alot slower this time, and i have a new script for the paxil that is good for the year.  opiate wd's suck, but paxil wd's are far worse.
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
I know,

So did I, Just walk away and get it over with.

But if you chart a reasonable method....I got down from 9 to 4 in just 3 weeks....by letting my body adjust, and go 1 more, let it adjust, etc....

I know we all want out fast, but it backfires on us!

Think about it, if you taper at a slower rate, and stop shocking the heck out of your body, then it can prepare to take another drop and so forth...just like Fladdict,

Now she's off!

w/ love,

Todd
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Share your cat with us....

no...maybe your cat is in love with your, because last thing I knew, you cant get a cat in water for Nothing! - Maybe the cat does have a crush on you,,it should be running from water!

Laughing....but it's good i think...w/d's and lack of sleep were all still going!

lol and love,

God Bless,

Todd (-:
Helpful - 0
Now you guys are just showing off with all your willpower! ;)  I can't taper for the life of me.  I am happy you guys can.  

There is always someone around.  Those of us detoxing have a lot of time on our hands since we don't sleep! lol

Shelby
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Shelby.....lol

I am still detoxing, but I'm still on 2 other drug I have to quit!!! - lol

What are we going to do with you tonight...I wish I had your cat  (-:

LOL and love,

Todd
Helpful - 0
I am out of control tonight...and sober to boot...who would have thought??

You can have my cat Todd...I think he might have a crush on me come to think of it.  Why else would he watch me take a bath! lol  Oh cats are good too because they are up when all us withdrawal crazies are up. lol

You are too kind.  I love reading your posts!

More hugs!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.