Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

liver problems? and generic rant :(

i think one of the hardest parts of withdrawal is the depression that accompanies it.. I am already clinically depressed (which is why i take the pills in the first place) so taking away that crutch completely kills me.. i tried seeing my doctor about it and he said "oh you are such a pretty girl, all you need is a nice young rich man and all of your troubles will be solved"  .. um yeah. thanks. yes crappy doctor since he helped get me addicted to the hydrocodone/percocet in the first place by giving me 120 a month every month for a loong time..
So anyway this is my second day going through withdrawal and i am a mess.. i cry at everything i see and hear..its ridiculous.. however i did get some vitamin b tablets that are specifically for stress.. and they seem to actually help.. but rather than take them once a day i want to go for twice a day.. which im not doing since my liver doesnt need any more damage that ive already caused it..
so my question is, does anyone know much about the damage we are all doing to our livers? should we not be concerned until we show symptoms of jaundice?  i think besides our moods and symptoms we should also be very concerned about out liver!

ps.  is anyone in the upstate new york area?  im looking to go to an NA meeting and have yet had the strength to actually look for one..
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
i am from upstate new york but since this is only my second day i havent really thought that far ahead not 100percent sure i'm gonna make it at this point
Helpful - 0
ive been addicted for about 3 years now.. and it seems like no time is a good time to quit.. but obviously we have both taken a step in the right direction by coming onto this site and post our problems for everyone to see.. we realize we have the addiction.. and god knows i dont want to stop.. i wish i could take them forever. but i know my life is majorly screwed up because of how dependent i am on the pills.. im scared of going to a meeting on my own.. i have this idea that ill walk into some musty basement of a church and see old homeless men all sitting around staring at me while thinking "what the hell is this stupid girl doing here".. i dont know.. i just dont know..

how are you doing today though...??
Helpful - 0
i'm beginning to wonder if c/t was such a good idea cause i have been taking 18 to 20 vics aday for over 9 years. and i'm having a pretty rough time tonight
Helpful - 0
Wait.. what? you are going cold turkey after 9 years of addiction?  No no no.. you are putting way too much stress on your body! If anything you need to taper off.. if you were taking about 10 a day.. then go down to 6 a day.. for about a week.. then down to 4.. and so on and so on.. going cold turkey like that is enough to make a person insane!.. do you have the means to taper off the drugs?  or are you all out of the vicodin?
if anything people who do cold turkey from opiates (especially when taking that many and for that long) will more than likely fall of the wagon and begin taking them shortly after.. the physical and mental effects of cold turkey are severe..

why havent you tried tapering yourself?
Helpful - 0
i started taking vics after my mom died and it really helped ease the pain-of course it was prescribed for back pain-but thats not what i used it for. i have two grown daughters and 3 grandchildren and this is an embarrassing habit. it just keeps getting worse-i need more and more-didnt know where it would end
Helpful - 0
cant taper now i got mad as hell and flushed everything!!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
i'm feeling pretty bad tonight but i'm pretty determined. just wish i could sleep
Helpful - 0
You rock!!!!!  Are you supplied with anxiety meds or sleep aids or anything?  You sound like the grandma of my dreams!!!
Helpful - 0
I don't know what got into you to flush. I can help you out if you need help. Let me know.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.