Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

OPPIETS

WELL IM A MOTHER OF 3 AND PREGNAT WITH MY FOURTH BABY I WAS ON VICODIN FOR A YEAR NOW. NOW IM SO TERREFIDE BECAUSE IM 1 MONTH AND IM ADDICTED TO VICODINS I WANT TO STOP BADLY I TAKE 9 TO 11 A DAY PLS HELP WITH SOME ADDVICE.
16 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
You go girl!  I'm with ya all the way.  I'm not in your position....but I know PLENTY whom are....and I would consider NONE of them "weak" -- that's almost funny actually.  When he said that, it really did make me laugh out loud.  It's just a case of a man not having a clue when it comes to what we all do in a day's work.  Nothing more than that.  Let him rant and rave and put himself up on a pedestal if that's where he thinks he belongs.  No skin off our teeth really.  We all know ourselves well and our addictions well, and that's what matters.  We're strong enough to face adversity and smart enough to figure out the best way to fight it successfully.  It's sort of like saying the best way (and ONLY way) to deal with conflict with someone is just to go punch the other guy in the face.  Well, no, it obviously isn't the best or only way......but that is the way this vikes guy thinks.  Who cares about ONE opinion of a newbie on a forum?  Hopefully we all take it for what it's worth and just move right on.  In the meantime, I just wanted to say you're awesome :-)  Keep up the spunk and the spark!  ~~K.
Helpful - 0
OH..so women are the WEAKER sex, huh? WELL...I'd sure like to see YOU squeeze something the size of a watermelon out of something the size of an apple! I got your WEAKER sex, buddy. :::tapping foot::::
Addiction doesn't know 'sex' either. I have known many of men that are alot weaker than many women....and vice versa.
You say your wife and kids are the world to you...well, what if your wife had an addiction? What if she needed help and came to a forum like this...and people like YOU were mean to HER? How would that make you feel?
I was trying and trying to bite my toungue with you, but that 'weaker sex' thing is the last STRAW for me.
Lemme tell YOU something. YOU need to be alot more compassionate with others. You were once addicted to narcotics, just like the rest of us. So you quit c/t? SO DID I!!!!!!!! Big DEAL. Its not HOW you quit, as long as you DO quit. That's the important part.
So get off your pedastal, and get back down here with everyone else.
Weaker, indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd drop you like a sack of potatoes. ;)
Now stop being such a JERK and give some of these good people some decent advice and quit bashing. Or I'll tell 'momma'.  :)
Oh yeah, and I'm still praying for you.....so there! HA HA! :)

Jen
Helpful - 0
Hi there and welcome to the forum. First of all, let me tell you that vikes sucks is not a regular here, and he's just kind of....harsh. Okay, he's very harsh. BUT..and I can't believe I am saying this...I kind of agree with him...but not in the way he put it. Yes, you really should stop taking the vicodin. Its not good for the baby. Now, I do know that its not lethal to the baby. My OB actually prescribed vicodin 5/500mgs to me when I was pregnant with my last child. The OB told me that it wasn't really great for the baby, obviously, but I was in such severe back and muscle pain from my fibromyalgia that I truly needed it. I only took it when I was in dire pain and I didn't abuse them.
Vikes is a very abrasive person but and again, I can't believe I am saying this, I think he really has your baby's best interest at heart. Or maybe I am just so desperately trying to find something good about vikes suck I am really digging deep. (lol)
Try as best as you can to quit, honey. Talk to your doctor....be honest....its the best way to go. Honesty is the best policy, that's for sure. Your doc can probably help you, or taper you off.

You're in my prayers!
Jennifer
Helpful - 0
Everyone (except for one big meanie) is exactly right.  Talk w/ your ob and be honest.  If he/she is a good doc, he/she will help you get through this - the best way for YOU and YOUR BABY.  I was in a similar situation w/ both pregnancies.  I had recently had back surgery and to not be on "something" at that time was so painful that the stress (I was told) was much worse for my little one.  Im not sure what issues you have or if you have pain - but either way, there is a way out that will be good for you both.  Getting off of these things sux at any time, but the guilt of being pregnant and feeling selfish is a whole different "can of worms."  Im just so sorry to see others going through those issues too.  If I can help you in any way, please let me know.  Like I said, I have been there - twice - and it can and will work out, I promise.  I was able to get my meds down to a very small amount - w/out w/d during pregnancy and there are other meds that are catagory B - that may be a viable option if pain is a major problem in all of this.  Whatever the reason, you are doing the right thing by talking about it and trying to change the current "way of life"  You can and will do this and your baby will be great!!!!  Both of mine are brilliant, though lil smart *sses (like momma), and beautiful (also like momma lol lol ) - what Im saying is that they are GREAT - and I needed to be on something to the bitter end w/ one and most of the way through w/ the other.  Pain sux a bunch - and surgery (2) at my age probably wasn't the best idea - but we play what we are dealt and we move on the best way we can, in my opinion.  Hang in there and talk w/ your doc.  You will feel much better when u do.  I hope this was helpful in some way.  Im so tired, I can barely type so Im going to try a sleep a bit before my lil darlings begin to wake MOMMA up for the day.  And their day starts really really early  LOL LOL......take care.

Peace, love, tracy
Helpful - 0
I busted my back pretty bad at work. forklift went one way i went the other. hurt like hell. this was 3 years ago. they gave me hydrocodone 10/325. at first, they worked great on pain. then they got better just to function. next thing ya know i was going thru the whole script of 120 in a week. then I started getting them off the street from one of my boys. got so bad, i spent the morgatge on them. that was it for me. wife said she's gonna leave me and take the kids. i couldnt and wouldnt allow that. she's my world, so are they.
leg pain, sweats, sleepless nites, irritable, i had it all. but I did it dammit. no rehab no whining. i did it to myself and took every ache and pain as the punishment i deserved for being the stupid azz i was. my wife and girls meant more to me than those little yellow pills. Yah, cinnamon calls me harsh. I am. Ya gotta be in this world. If I can do it cold turkey, why cant anyone else? Why does my momma have to suffer and all the other peeps that truly need aid cuz a bunch of stupid azzes like us get hooked on pills then want the gov. to help get us off? women are weaker, i guess, I guess I shouldnt be so hard on them. but a real man....does it on his own. a real man provides for his fam, a real man makes up for what he's done. Yah, I got my opinions, and they ain't gonna change. and for the pregnant woman...i know you are weaker sex but think of that baby. cin is right when she says i care about your baby. of course i do. why you think I responded. but cin is wrong when she says its not lethal to the baby because it can be. that baby in your belly can't defend itself from anything it needs you to do that for him or her. don't hurt your baby, woman. quit now before you do.
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hi there,

I'm sorry to here that. We all know it's hard!

I myself have tappered down from 9 a day to 4 a day (7.5 Hydrocodone) - so far it has taken about 3 weeks for me, but I have to keep going.

But I really agree, you should hit the doctor's office, and FAST....Be 100% Honest w/ him...you'll be suprised on how many doctor's well help you, or point you in the right direction.

I only say this, because you don't have a lot of time (due to your child) - So the doctor's are trained for these kind of situations, maybe to get you on something safer, that will let you walk from the Vicoden. You Have to be HONEST...

I hope the best, keep posting and we will be here to help, BUT go to the DOC's ASAP....for the sake of your baby.

You'll be in my Prayer's and God Bless You,

Love Todd
Helpful - 0
204468 tn?1285272124
Your words:

"leg pain, sweats, sleepless nites, irritable, i had it all. but I did it dammit"

We are all going thru that right now.  We all have different ways of dealing with things.  The only example I can think of right now as to how we are all different is this:  When I get a bad sinus infection and have to go to the dr, he gives me penicillin as an antibiotic, which lets suppose is only one of two antibiotic on the market.  Now, if my hubby got sick with a bad sinus infection and he had to go to the dr and if that dr gave him penicillin, It would kill him because he is deathly allergic to that medication.  Should he have to suffer from his sinus infection "like a man" just because he can't take the meds?  Or should he be offered the other med to help him in his sickness.

I know this may be a "lame" anology, but some people can't physically get well from this disease on their own.

Should a person who has smoked cigarettes all his/her life and then got cancer from smoking be denied the meds that could relieve their pain or help them go into remission.

I hope you are getting what I am saying.  As for me, rehab or detox is not an option at this time, but for many others, that is the only hope they have.  We all want to have a little hope in our lives.

Thanks for sharing your story.

Until Then,
LL
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
See,

In those 3 years, look what You did to yourself, to your Wife and Kids....until you finally said "enough" - But in those 3 years - you were devouring your entire life (and you were not walking around with the head up in the air, etc)

It took you 3 years to quit - Then You did!

Some people year, maybe in the "middle of that point"  right before they start to think "I better get off this stuff" (just like you) - then they find their way to quit Once they Want to!

Don't get me wrong, what you did is harder than hell...

So was my Phenobarbital 2 Year addiction, and I finally reached my point and walked c/t...

doctors said I would die, or have seizures, or a stroke....but It was my time and that was exactly 6 months ago...c/t - The Hardest drug I ever had to quit in my life...but I'm off it because it was my time...just like when it was your time.

Everyone's reaching point is different...they may not quit be there yet...But just because they maybe going thru there 2-3 year stage and have not quit yet (but YOU have...come on brother..Support!)

Todd
Helpful - 0
204468 tn?1285272124
Just be honest with your OB Dr.  I'm sure he will guide you in the right direction for what is best for you and the baby you are carrying.

To vikes_suck:  Would you be so kind to share your story on how you over came your addiction?  I would love to know how long you were actively using, how you came to grips with the fact you were/are an addict.  Maybe share how you dealt with the w/d's that every addict suffers after long term pain med abuse.  Were you miserable?  Did your legs ache, and if so, what did you do about it?  Did you have sleepless nights only to find that you had to go out the next day to a job to provide for your family?  How did you cope?  Just wondering.....BTW I am quitting c/t on Day 10 and it has been AWFUL.  I aint gonna lie to ya...but being here helps.  I learn how to cope.  

Mind sharing?  I don't wanna rescue you or try to intrude into your lovely way of thinking, just curious on how you dealt with it all....
Helpful - 0
Hello dear, I can relate totally to what you are going through now.  I was addicted during my last pregnancy, not taking the amount that you are, but still it was enough to worry me to death every day and I could not confide in anyone at the time, not even my husband.  My advice to you, though, comes from working for an OB-GYN clinic for 10 years - talk to your doctor and tell him/her everything!  That is the only way that you can know you are going about this right.  None of us have a medical degree and surely not equipped to make recommendations for someone who is pregnant on top of being addicted!
There is no safe way out of this but to confide in your physician, I truly believe it is what you have to do.  It would be a different story if your weren't pregnant, there are many people here with great advise on how they have overcome their addictions, but you just have to tell your doctor.  I know it will be hard but you will be so relieved once you have done it.  I was only taking one Lorcet 10 mg  a day when I was pregnant and now I realize that is a very minimal amount but at that time, all I knew was that I was a drug addict and feeding drugs to my baby.  I guess I am somewhat of a hypocrite because I did not confide in my doctors - it was different for me since like I said I had worked for me for so long and could not bring myself to tell my "friends" what I had become.  So I just worried myself to death and hoped for the best.  My baby was born healthy and normal in every way.  Of course now, I am up to much stronger meds and much larger doses, if only I could have stopped back then.  That has been 17 years ago now though - God I was and am so stupid, I have gone 17 years without getting myself straightened out yet.  Good luck sweetie, I truly care; in fact, we all do.  Please let us know how you doing and what you decide.

Love, Cindy
Helpful - 0
I really was going to bed, but my addictions run deep and once I start reading my computer would have to shut off before I put this thing down.  Ok, anyway and I know my exhaustion is showing.  Longing - the way that you put that was such the Right way, in my opinion.  You truely have a gift to be able to "hold back any ill will" and explain things in way that REALLY makes sense.  Now, you probably already knew this - but I just wanted to confirm.  I learned a lot from reading what you wrote and I already agreed w/ you.  Anyway, we really need ppl like you here - able to so eloquently put touchy issues - to mix in w/ ppl like me who just like to "go off at the mouth" at times.  So, please hang around and let's talk more when there is time.  It sounds like we had HAD HAD HAD some similar issues and I would like to know your story and how you are doing now.

And cin - you are really VERY VERY funny.  Your body language comments at the end of your sentences make me think you are standing right here - and I can see you tapping that foot.  I was cracking up - and at 5 w/ no sleep - that's no easy task.  I have also read your jokes for the last few days and I would really really like it if you would keep that up - if you are able.  It certainly lightens the mood if that is needed and makes so many happy - and that is always a good thing.  So, thank you for the "funnies" and I absolutely love the expressions.  It really tells whoever is reading exactly what you are thinking while you write.  I guess so many times, words come across wrong - yours don't and I love that.   And again - Im sure you knew this but I am the town crier this morning (esp now that my chunky baby is up  wa wa wa  lol)

You guys have a great FRIDAY and an even greater weekend.  Look forward to talking w/ you soon.

love tracy
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065

I have learned in my 38 years as a man....both ways.

No matter, what anyone says or does to me:

I am man enough to tell you:

-I will never repay evil with evil

-But I will overcome evil with love!

...and that's how a true man can, can always be at peace, and be content in any situation that one has to face in his life.

That's a true man, and I will always repay your evil to others by love and praying for You, that God will help you find that peace that you are searching for....and my love and prayer's for you..

You have no control over that.

Man to Man, I'm sure this will be my last post to you...but I sure hope you find the Peace and Contentment, that you need, so very much!

Best of luck my brother,

Todd - OUT
Helpful - 0
rg3
Congrats on your fourth baby. My 3rd is due at the end of summer. Your situation is a tough one, not to mention all the quilt that comes with it. First of all, DO NOT quit cold turkey, there is a very good chance of miscarrage from w/d. Talk to your ob, she can taper you slowly or change meds. As for the opiates, there have been several studies done on the effects during pregnancy. Low to no risk of birth defects, but your baby will be born addicted if used until delievery. That sets the stage for another set of issues. My concern is the amount of Tylenol you are consuming, now that can be a problem when you babies organs are forming. Tylenol during pregnancy, at the recommended dose is fine, but more than that is dangerous. I am not a doctor, this is what I've found from my research. Best of luck to you and keep us posted. Remember you are not alone, this happens to many women during pregnancy and you will get through it!
Helpful - 0
198154 tn?1337787265
The weaker sex.. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME ?????

I am a single mother with 3 kids. With NO CHILD SUPPORT!

Weak ???!!!  I do, BY MY SELF, what you and you wife do together.  
(AND I do it with cramps)

I work everyday, 2 kids in private school...I'm totally not going into it all but suffice to say I've been called alot of things, WEAK is not one of them.
Helpful - 0
In regards to vickes advice and I mean free advice, you know some of your
****, why don't you just keep inside. Theres nothing whimpy baout myself and
others whom are trying a new alternative to beat their addiction. Thats why
there are choices.  i urge you folks to do your research and educate yourselves
and do what is best for you. I've said it once and I'll be proud to say it again. tThe doctor got me off 5 types of downers, and down to one pill. And they
call it SUBOXONE,SUBOXONE,SUBOXONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats right, I got my-
self into this mess, and I'll get myself out. The way thats right for me. We have
choices and I urge you ppl to do whats right for you. A new alternitave way.
It may work for you. Talk to your doctors, be honest and do whats right for you.
People like you is the reason I wn't return to a 12 step meeting. I would rather
find another where the ppl are more understanding, compasionate, and less
judgemental. How dare you call me a whimp. Your the whimp!!!  You can take your free advice and shove it!!! I guaranty you I'm in a better place than you. Thats right me and my SUBOXONE. This probably what you want. To start
some ---- out here and get some conflict going on. So I'm done feeding into
your bull ----. New ppl he's just one  person here the only one that has rubbed me the wrong way. Your sick with the disease of addiction, your naieve, and
vulnerable.  You don't need to put up with that kind of abuse.
Helpful - 0
My point exactly! QUIT TAKING THE PILLS YOU ARE GOING TO HURT YOUR BABY. STOP THINKING OF YOURSELF AND THINK OF THE CHILD INSIDE OF YOU THAT IS POWERLESS TO STOP YOU.
What the hell is the matter with you? You need ADVICE?!?!? sounds pretty simple to me. QUIT. For the love of your child.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.