Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oh no here it goes....wanna go to the dr :(

Oh great i slept fine last night but woke up today to my nightmare.....leg cramps, diarrhea, sweats, the works good god i think i'm gonna go to the doctor....i hate this feeling i feel so bad anybody out there? hope i'll make it through w/o going to the doc.....keep in touch guys

thx, B
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
186166 tn?1385259382
you CAN make it...not going to be fun though :(

just keep thinking about the end result...what you are working towards.   it is time that YOU take control of your life and stop letting those little pills rule who you are.

keep posting when you can...the support will help with the anxiety associated with the process.   stay strong sweetie...

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
i'm here  what day r u on? i just joined this forum yesterday so i apologize i dont know all yet
Helpful - 0
On day 2 forgot to mention that....yesterday i had 20 mg but it was extremely early in the morning like 630 so i think that's why the w/ds are probably hitting me worse today than they did yesterday.  I feel bad i'm sick this sux....i just don't wanna go through this anymore and what sux even worse is i know i can go get more easily...it's even harder when it's like that but anyone can get it right? it's just the willpower that keeps you away because of days like this...wish me luck guys

thx, B
Helpful - 0
We all know how bad that feels..it really does get better though. I was at that point of calling a dr on day 3. But i read and i walked it off and nowim on day 6.
keep reading the posts and posting..if nothing else but to busy your mind. I colored some while i was sick LOL prolly not my best works of art but it kept me busy. The type of work i do now involves alot of mind and travel. So thankfully i dont have to be on schedule..but some ppl say working helps too.
said many times before.. everyone is different is how they feel..how fast they get over the Wd's and so on but we all are fighting the same battle.
YOU CAN DO THIS !! you just have to know that.
good luck !!
Helpful - 0
You can make it through this. I had a rough day yesterday with cravings and this forum really pulled me through. Please don't go to the doc and get more pills. You know you will have to get off them eventually anyway. The first 3 days are the hardest physically and then after you have the mental part with the cravings. My head feels so much clearer today and I really feel like the old Tim. I know how you feel today and hope that you can just hang on. Please post and you will get so much help on this forum. We have all been where you are right now and have made it through. Listen to music, read and do anything to keep your mind busy.

Tim
Day 15
Helpful - 0
186166 tn?1385259382
oh...it's more than willpower...it is TOTAL...100% COMMITTMENT.   it is the committment that...no matter how bad it gets...no matter how sick you are...no matter how easy it would be to get more pills...that you are COMMITTED to do this.   it is called recovery...and don't accept anything less from yourself.

huggs,
kim
Helpful - 0
i'm on day 2 also and i here ya that it sucks!!!! almost gave up last night and so glad i didnt-dont give in it will pass.  you can do this!!!  think of how nice it will be to be free of those damn little pills running your life. do whatever you have to-walk,cry,scream,get mad-whatever it takes.  last night i sat under my hot shower in the fetal position almost all night-when id run outta hot water id get out just long enough till i had more then right back in-it was the only peace i got all night-so do whatever it takes. and let the people here help you they are the most wonderful people i have ever met!!!!!!!!!!
Helpful - 0
yes the first days seem to take forever but as you see ppl are on the same day and can walk this with you and some further along and some still to come that one day you can look back and help them too. there is a reason for everything and everyone and i dont think being an addict was meant for anyone of us so remember you have a purpose and a reason and reach for the goal ..you can do this.
Helpful - 0
Find my cold turkey detox recipe posted recently (last week or so) on this forum. It will help you deal with the symptoms of opiate WD.

Thomas
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.