Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 5 and start of 6 update from me..for those who read me

Today starts day 6 for me. YAY !! I have in the past 5 days realized this is truly the best thing. I slept nights 3 & 4 now on 5 i was up all night again LOl..well i guess thats the way it goes huh ? You win some. you lose some but everyone who plays is a winner =) ...yesterday despite my racing head and weighed down feeling i put up my daughters slip n slide. Im still not up to par with actually playing. I did some housework..took some time but i got done what i wanted for the day and then some..i was soooooooooo tired and soooooooo couldnt sleep LOl. i think ill take it easier today. Fridays are usually errand days for me.
ugh...today i think the bank will be enough driving n running for me. When i first came to this forum i was at my wits end with the WD's and over them but then reading along i seen how many brave ppl had already walked several miles in my shoes. Oddly and strangly..misery loves comfort and it helped me. I hate to say another persons pain helped me But i hope  mine helps ppl. I feel more normal today than i have. Im hoping a hot shower will help some too. I read alot of what you all put in here and i honestly can say THIS is the best therapy for me. When i cant sleep i read. When i couldnt eat i read, When i feel like the day will never end i read.
Thanks to you guys that post regulary =) (((hugs)))
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Yes good for you i'm glad your makin it through w/o thinking back. I on the other end am strongly considering getting some meds today :( just because idk if now is the time to quit.....it's hard to explain but maybe you know where i'm coming from? bad day for me (day 2 of wd) hope yours is going better than mine wanted to tell you congrats :) !!!!

god bless, B
Helpful - 0
You are doing great!!! Congrats to you as you are over the hump of the physical withdrawals. It does get better and there are people on the board that have been off the pills for over 3 months and longer. The pills were really starting to make me sick and I am glad to say "no more for me." I am taking this one day at a time because you will have cravings. I was not prepared for that and had a real doozy yesterday. I slept like a baby last night and feel so good this morning. It is day 15 for me. Keep up the good work!!!

Tim
Helpful - 0
Thanks for commenting back..Yeah my physical WD's arent as bad but still lingering around grr..i was hoping to just wake up and Poof they would be gone..guess not heh. mentally i think for now im doing ok. I have so many things to get done and just nothing upstairs to think with at the time.
I think the worst part of the WD's for me now are the on n off again loss of sleep n RLS.

yes, i know exactly how you feel the cravings and all seem to echo but when i think back to those few days 1-3 i am like hell no im not taking anymore LOL.
honestly i was shakin in my jammies on those days. Now im happy i did it and got it over and am ready to move on.

Day 15 ..wow congrats. thats really good. So on what day did you really start to get your energy back and be able to function normal ? Am i really at the middle here? I hope so im ready to get out there and do something SOBER for a change =)

Thanks you guys !!
Helpful - 0
I starting to get my energy back around day 10. I had to force myself to do alot of things though. I feel great today and full of energy. I am going to do some physical work in the garden and it feels good to look at my accomplishments when I am finished. I worked outside yesterday too and just have to finish up today. My back was aching yesterday and I was hit with a mega craving. The forum really helped me through that one. I was very close to getting more pills and I would have regret doing that. The cravings are gone today and this is the first day I am really happy to be alive!!! Hang in there and I am praying for you.

Tim
Helpful - 0
Thanks tim..my daughter has a bible school starting sunday and my husband is in the army so the church is having a special thing for soldiers and i really want to be able to go. I was soo hoping id have some good news today about what the weekend can be like =) maybe ill feel much better tomorrow and so on Thanks !!
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I am so very happy to hear that you are feeling better and got some sleep, as did I last night. I can agree with you, I was also at my wits end when I started this forum with my W/D..But continually reading the posts and getting advice and tips on coping with w/d...every day got better and better. I can only wish you the best recovery and hope that each day is better then the next. The best of luck to you ....

Take Care..

Lisa
Helpful - 0
I am so happy for you!  That is the way it has been going for me...one good day and then one not so good day..strange how the body fixes itself.

I have been lurking on this board for a long time.  I have read so much of it.  It helps a great deal during withdrawals.  Just the fact that we are not alone.  I am glad I finally decided to post.  Made a huge difference!  I plan to post when I am at a 100% because I remember what it did for me.  Those starting out or even thinking about quiting need the help from the rest of us.

Hugs,

Shelby

Helpful - 0
I had a couple ups and downs but the energy came on and stayed after day 35.  Everyone different.  You are doing great at keeping busy.  I remember the thought of driving somewhere in the car was exhausting.  Energy is jsut around the corner, and its there all the time.  No more dipping in your purse for a little boost!
Helpful - 0
ok guys im a lil goofy feeling..she lack of sleep and my mind racing is making me 'out there" i even got the giggles. LOl ok so i have nothing here but some sleep aid and melatonin ..is it or has anyone taken anything during the day to stop the mind racing crud? im going to take a 1/4 the mel and see.

> yes no more  purse or bank withdrawels to feel good. i was so glad today to take money out just for my hubby =) . that felt sooooo good. my body is healing..i can tell a lil more everyday but man i think i fried my brain or something. i have been mind racing for about 4 days now and i cant handle it too many more days. i feel like im wacked out on speed(which has never been a feeling i liked). ughh but i see lots of ppl are doing great..GREAT.. gives me and others more of a goal and a check point to where we are.

THANKS BUNCHES
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.