Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Just give me an estimate, please.

Hi everyone. My husband and I are coming off a 4 year Percocet habit. Today we are ending 6 weeks of Subutex therapy. Have not had a Percocet since April 24, 2007. Today is our last day of Subutex. Like everyone says... at the end of the Percocet use, we didn't feel good. The Percocet just helped us get out of bed in the morning and do the things we needed to do. I don't miss them yet, but like I said, have been on 6 weeks of Subutex therapy. I expect to feel some discomfort coming off the Subutex. I am on 1 mg per day and have achy legs already. My husband and I were talking on the phone last night and we were both asking each other...when will we feel normal again? When will we wake up and not feel achy or tired. When will we just wake up and feel good? If its 6 months I can handle that, if it's a year, hopefully, I can handle that. But will we ever feel normal again?
6 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
Welcome...

Everyone is different. I too tried to detox with Sub, and I went through w/d all over again. I also stopped the Sub at my own discretion. So mabey that is why. If your doctor has been monitoring you and your husband, then you should have minimal w/d...but I am sure there will be some.

I am now 18 days clean, from a 3 years oxy (500-1000mg a day) addiction. That was also with my husband. Unfortunately, my husband is no longer here to celebrate my recovery. I lost him last July to Oxy's. Anyway, I am just starting to feel a little better. I detoxed with the Burenporphine shots then onto Naltrexone. More expensieve for this method as it is a rapid detox...But after all was said and done, I still had Restless legs, insomnia and lack of energy.

Look up the Thomas Recipe..this will help you tremendoulsy. As far as length, there is no estimated time, but we are all different. There are people on here that it took months for them to feel better, and some after 5-6 days. The worst of whatever is too come should be over in a few days. But, Energy, sleeping patterns and other things may stick around. You never know...

Good Luck and Keep me posted on your recvoery.

Lisa
Helpful - 0
I had to laaugh!!!!! You are just like me!!  I needed a time frame.  Thats how I am w/everything.  I can endure almost anything as long as I have a time table.  I'm sorry I cant help you with the sub w/d but I'm sure some one here can.  Best of luck!!
Helpful - 0
Yes, I am a very analytical person and timelines work well for me :-)  It's like when I was in grad school or my kids were newborns...if I knew I would be able to get some sleep on day X, then I could keep on trucking until that day.  Same rationale here, if I know when this shitty feeling is going to end, atleast I can focus on the light at the end of the tunnel.  Granted, what I'm feeling now is NOTHING like coming CT off the Percocet, so thank goodness for Subutex...but as human beings, noone likes discomfort.  But I know this is a small price to pay to get myself out of the mess I've gotten myself into.  I used to judge people like me because I never understood the power of addiction until the Percocet came into my life.  Wow, if I could just go back I would never have taken that 1st one.  But I can't go back, all I can do is go forward...
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I had 3 years of flying high so I had to realize that the party was over and getting back to even was going to take some time.... give it 2 months... during which you are getting exorcise and aminos.... I had a nice ride and now I have to pay for it... it was like buying something having to pay for it later.  A couple of months compared to the rest of your life is a good deal.
Helpful - 0
You won't feel normal again until you stop using all drugs......
Helpful - 0
All drugs like what?  As I mentioned previously, today is my last day of Subutex and it has been 6 weeks since my last Percocet.  I don't understand your comment.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.