Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

L-Tyrosine

Hi Everyone!

I have one question to ask all of you.  Does anyone know if I could take L-Tyrosine along with my daily anti-depressant, Pexeva, it's the same as Paxil?  I'm wondering because I don't have any energy at all everyday and the only think I always want to do is sleep!  I can't stand dragging around the house everyday!  I am without energy with or without the Oxycodone!  I have a 4 year old son who only deserves the best, he's a very great little guy!  Thanks!      
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thank you; is there a way to naturally boost endorphins?
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
Nie to see a fellow southern californian in here! When you said nothing, do you mean as far as energy? due to withdrawals? or in general? Lack of energy due to opiate withdrawal will not be helped by dopamine alone b/c what your body is missing are endorphins that opiates increase.

xoxo-D
Helpful - 0
I tried L-Tyrosine and nothing 3500mg with the b-6? any sugestions?Thank you....
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
yes you can take L-tyrosine with Paxil. Paxil is an SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor) so it only increases serotonin. L-tyrosine is turned into L-dopa by the body and the body turns L-dopa into dopamine. This should especially help if you have no energy with or without opiates. Something similar happened to my best friend-diagnosed with major depressive disorder at 10 years old and has increasingly gotten worse over the years. The problem was that all of the meds herdoctors ever had her on only worked on serotonin and or norepiniphrine which will have some secondary effects on dopamine but not enough to make a difference. She did a line of cocaine on my 25th birthday for the fist time and confirmed what I had been thinking for some time. When she did the cocaine she felt perfectly normal for the first time in her entire life. Ahe wasn't wired or amped, she was barely high, she just felt and acted like a normal person. Cocaine blows your dopamine levels through the roof like ecstasy does to serotonin. She has severely low dopamine levels not just serotonin and this is often the case with those who experience anxiety and or depression- usually more than one neurotransmitter is involved.

If you have never been hooked on cocaine it is possible that your body is not producing enough dopamine. If you have been hooked on cocaine then the same thing is happening but it is chemically induced by the drug increasing your dopamine so much that eventualy the dopamine producing neurons are permanently damaged and your body will not produce the same amount of dopamine as is normal.

You might want to speak with your doctor about getting you on a medication that increases serotonin and dopamine both. It is also a possibility that norepinephrine is involved. Have you noticed changes in energy since you have been taking the paxil? Serotonin will cause someone with normal serotonin levels to be tired, this is why antidepressants ans anti anxiety meds are very commonly used as sleep aids.It is possible that this could mean you have normal serotonin levels and should be on a medication that increases dopamine and or norepi. Short of brain surgery and some new technologies that are very expensive tests, there is really no sure way to know exactly which neurotransmitters are involved in depression and anxiety except to take an detailed history and give a medication that is most likely to help you, a lot of this process is trial and error until you are on a medication that helps you to be stable.

xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.