Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

to catch an addict

Well, I have been up worried sick all night so if this doesn't make sense...
I have to say i truly appreciate everyones support. Ater the sucide death of my adult daughter i just really dont know how i am going to get through this too. I have so little support at home. Thanks everyone.
Unfortunatly I cant go around bashing in doors though belive you me i want to bash in heads. My ex has custody and he has been bitter mean to me ever since. I will talk to my lawyer on Monday. I talked to my ex about it and told him to talk to her but i doubt he did. He thinks the lives in a protective bubble on the Marine Base. He will deny it all the way unless i have proof. Dumb ash.
She gets out of school on Thursday for Summer vacation. We swap her every two weeks during the Summer. They asked me if i wanted the first two weeks of this month or the last. I was a bit hesitant. I thought the first two but then i thought she could get in more trouble when school got out and maybe the last two would be better to catch her with it in her system. I dont know. i am so afraid. she wanted to come right away so I told her the first two just because i am panicing and want her out of there. I dont know. Fishmeal, i love your passion. Yes forget pretense bash in doors. that is how i feel. Then parts of me wants to sit her down and just ask her but I am thinkin tip toe around it so she is not on gaurd. I want her relaxed and thinking i am clueless so i can catch her faster and for sure and get her help asap. I really think i might drive an hour up there the day before i pick her up for the visit and bring her class to bring cup cakes and slipping her a little cash so i can get catch it in her urine and hair. cupcakes and money for heroin. God she could die so young. So many yound kids in Texas had died. God...i thought i had a few years before i had to worry about this. How the heck can this be happening at 11? I think she gets it from her step brothers so if she pops on the drug test that whole family better watch out i will be on the WAR PATH.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Great idea. And i know, it feels so wrong to be so sneeky.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Nice idea about the bait, I guess?  It's too bad you have to be so clandistine.  Even with your ex at your throat, you would think he would see a need here.  Child protective services are a nightmare once they get you in their system but that might be an idea... maybe talk to someone anonymously at first to get some ideas.
Helpful - 0
Sorry to hear your story with your daughter. Mother is a tough job. Thanks for you feedback. I feel so sneeky and afraid about the whole idea but... That is what i was thinking. I have to provide the opportunity then catch her off gaurd. Once she knows what i am looking for it will be harder.
You know how it all come to me what might be going on. she asked me one day, "Mom have you ever done "cheese?" i had company that day and shook my head and said, "no, what do you mean have i ever DONE cheese?" she said, "Nevermind, nothing just forget it." So i did. Sometimes i can be an airhead but you know I just didnt even stop to think that at 11 it was a drug issue. So i see this thing on tv and it came to me. all this stuff that happened in the past two visits. She wanted a pen she could take a part. she was in the bathroom for a while with the door close (unusual)  but didnt take a shower. i gave her 2 bucks and instead of complaining she wanted more (like normal) she light up and said "right on two dollars that is perfect thats exactly how much i need." then she had a sinus infection and i swear i think i saw a bindle in the ziplock with all the other meds the doctor gave her. and when i took the bag to read all the stuff we had to give her she jumped and grabbed it and insited she knew what and when to take it all. she had a sinus infection that had her nose bleeding, sick to her stomach, her bones hurt, dry mouth, cold sweats, restless. then because you have kids you will love this one. our biggest issue is bedtime and one night at bed time she actually admitted she wanted to go sleep. when i laughed about it and asked if she had a late night before or a hard day she got sort of nervous and quite, like she slipped up. and boy she passed right out too. today i made a comment about a friend of mine acting funny and how i thought she was on drugs, then i quickly recanted. my daughter said "oh but she smokes ciggerets" and i started explaining to my daughter what makes ciggerets different from drugs by telling her about the stuff you feel when you do drugs and she replied like three times, "oh trust me mom i know." also, her friend owes her $2 and the explination for that sounds like a lie. I dont know. i hope i am just over reacting.

While i am waiting to get her pee I think i am going to plant in plain sight a half pen like they use to snort and see if she takes the bate. i have to sit and think like i used to when i did drugs and find the best way to catch her. For the urine i think i am going to use the Atkins ketones strip test as a cover. Maybe tell her i am doing mine urine and i want to compare it to hers because i have been on the diet a while...i dont know.
Helpful - 0
I have been reading your post..HOW hard this seems...i am so sorry you are going through this..why do you think this? i might of missed it in a post..
But you seem like you are top of it and that is good..Don't give up..If you have to give money then do it..
My oldest is 21 and when she was 19 i had to give her FOOD!!! Well she lived on her own but only had enough money to go out so always hungry..But i had a feeling something else was going on because she was losing weight..So i would invite her to eat..Well i well i would cook her favorite..I just had a gut feeling that she was making herself throw up..never drugs , don't know that is what i thought..Sure enough after a few times here she went in the back bathroom of the house., got out and got on the computer when i went in SHE forgot to flush the toliet..I freaked out and so did she..She has been in therapy ever since...SO you need to catch her i think before she admits it....Mine would of never admitted cause i tried to ask before...Just my opinion..
I sure hope it is negative, but keep us posted..God bless you and her...
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.