Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

let the night begin

hey guys,,hope everyone is doing better today. i am watching major payne and lmao at it. for the first time in days i feel like laughing and watching the dumbest movies LOL.

for days i had been talking about my racing head..well today got 10 xanax and it slacked it off ..shewwwwwwwwwww.. what a relief.
trying to kick them both at one time was not a smart thing for ME. so im going to taper off the xanax.

my first post on here i was scared and confused and really just freaked out. Thanks to you guys i have made it to day 7 without pain meds and i am sooooooo thankful. i will forever be a part of this forum if only to help someone.

Ok just wanted to throw random lines out there for ya LOL.

xoxo and lots of thank you's
Btw im reggie ( army wife and mother)

9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
congrats on 7 days!! how many were you taking? I can't beleive you wre trying to do both at the same time..I think i may have told you this before, but i got off of klonopin c/t and it was pure hell..At that time i was not taking anything else..i think one thing at a time is a good idea..
good luck to you and keep posting
and keep watching movies and laughing...i do think laughter is the best medicine!!!
Helpful - 0
i took the xanax for 5 yrs..lbut this those like 1 to 1/2 at bed time..
the hydros i was taking 3 to 5 a day for over a yr. Yes at day 7 i knew something wasnt right and took a chance it was coming from the xanax and i was starting to think ..health n safety wise i better try and see if they helped and so i took one and it took all the jitters out . Im still having the RLS and aches but hey.. i can think now lol. i was scared that taking the xanax would prolong my wd's or make it hard for me..but they are making it easlier to deal with them. i still plan to taper off these..my next script is due the end of the month and im asking for a lower mg.
Helpful - 0
i think that is the best thing to do!! Tryng to do both i thnk is too much..I know i just had such a hard time with the benzo's and don't think i had sleep for like 3 months..Few hours here and there..
Some say it is harder to get off benzo's then opiates, i guess i will see for myself..
Good luck , i know RLS is horrible..Before ever taking any meds i had it even as a kid..My whole family does..Now i take requip and it helps so much..
have a great evening
Helpful - 0
well please keep my updated on your benzo thing ok.
yea after thinking about it. i think i was having wd's from the hydros then came along another set from my xanax. one step at time for me here.
i was wondering if anyone had ever tried to stop both at once LOL. i didnt seem to find anyone so i figured id not be the long ranger ..
good luck to you on this also.
and thanks for replying to me and helping see that i made a good move LOL.
reggie
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hi again,

Way to GO!

Now I'm going to give you a big HUG!  (((((((((((((((((((( tnbrowneyes ))))))))))))))))

So proud of you w/ getting past the 7th day from the zanaz w/o any hydro's!

That is INSPIRING! - Keep Going and Hold Tight!

God Bless You w/ Lots of LOVE,

Todd
Helpful - 0
Congrats on your seven days without pain meds.   That is fantastic.  Keep strong and keep posting.  Others will read your words and gain hope.
Blessings
tzt
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Hi again,

I'm going through the same thing! Exept it's hydro's and Valium!

Right now, I am on the 4th day off of Ambein, and my hydro count is down to 3-4 a day.

But the Valium....I know what your talking about w/ the the benzo's...I wake up sooo shaky, and have so much anxiety....It's getting better.

But your off and on day 7....Keep Strong! That is Hard...to do both c/t...!

I can relate so much, it reminds me when I quit Phenobarbital (barbituate) - 6 months ago....Hardest drug I ever had to quit....c/t!

Your doing great - But the Shaky and Anxiety.....Ohhh God how I can relate!

God Bless, and stay strong....shoot me a post or shoot me an email anytime!

<  ktodd_savedbygrace***@****  >

Love,

Todd    

PS: Here is another huf 4 you ((((((((((((((((((( tnbrowneyes ))))))))))))))))
Helpful - 0
I have to say today really felt good. tomorrow as i wrote before my daughters church is having a special thing for Hero's . My hubby being a vet from iraq was asked to come in uniforn and maybe talk a little about how that felt. I really needed to be there for him n for her..but mostly him. the war thing is something that is really hard to talk about for him. So finally today i felt secure in being strong for him for one day. I know we are not supposed to give email addys out but if some of you want to check out the pics i have on profile to just see who these words are coming from..feel free to email me or just look at my pics and stuff. ok  you can see my profile at ***@****.
look forward to hear from ya !!
i wish everyone luck with this and now i am somewhat stronger i hope to be able to help like those who helped me. Im still going to struggle ..no doubt..but i got this far due to this forum and the ppl that post on here. i owe you all so much for getting me to day 7. and everyday i am clean im doing now for you and my family..because you all have supported me and i want to give something back to you. !!!!
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
tnbrowneyes,

Your so awesome. To see you pull through, with the mind set and the Great Motivation!

Keep looking up!

God Bless You,

Youre in my Prayers!  Lots of Love for you!

Love,

Todd
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.