Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

For Everyone That Wrote Back To Me About Suboxone

Hey everyone, I'm sorry that it has taken me soo long to write back to the comments you left me on June 6th, but I have been very busy.  I'm so glad that all of you, Liscamdave, Fishmeal. and FLaddict have all told me all of your stories about using Sub.  I actually have never gone to a doctor about getting off Percs. Actually, my boyfriend and I were both hooked on them for about 2-3 years.  I started to take them after my dad and my brother both died in a couple month period, so I was going through a really tough time and I just started to take them to take the pain away. I would just get so high and become numb so that I wouldn't have to deal with reality.  I realized a couple months later that this was a huge mistake.  But anyway, my boyfriend and I both decided we wanted to stop taking Percs, mostly because of the debt we were getting in, because both of us used ALL the money that we had just to support both of our habits for so many years. So, my boyfriend actually knew a girl who got Subs for quitting heroin, and she had been taking them for a while and was cutting down her dose.  So, she actually sells them to my boyfriend, and me and him take the Sub without a doctors approval.  I know that this is dangerous, but neither my boyfriend or I could not get enough balls to face a doctor because we DO NOT want our family's to find out about this.  Both of us are so embarrassed and ashamed that we let it get this bad.  But here's what happened...the girl gets 8mg Subutex, and (after eating 40-60 pills a day for 2-3 years) the  first day that I stopped eating the Pers, I took one 8mg subutex everyday for 3 days, just because I thought the withdrawal would be really bad.  Then after the first 3 days, I took a half of a 8mg (so  4mg) everyday for the next 14 days.  And then after the first 17 days, I took a half of a 8mg every other day for the last 3 weeks.  I have been clean for about 5 weeks, I didn't keep exact count. Some days I will feel fine and I won't take the Sub for 2 or 3 days, and then I feel like I will need it to get out of bed.  So, then I will take a half of one.  But this past week, I have taken about 12mg or 1 1/2 Subs in the last 6 days.  So, I feel like when I started taking the Sub that I didn't take a high dose at all, and I know that some of the people that I know who get it prescribed to them take three 8mg Sub at once, and I have never taken more than one 8mg Sub in a day, and that was only for the first 3 days.  The only time I can say that I've felt pretty shitty was when I didn't take any Sub in 3 days and that night I had horrible withdrawl.  We didn't have any Sub, because the girl we get them from were all out of them  and I could not sleep and my legs felt soo horible.  And my boyfriend didn't believe me because it had been so long since I had ate any Percs.  And I don't think he realizes the fact that you can withdrawal from Sub.  I am glad you all wrote this and brought it to my attention, because I am going to read him your comments.  So I am really thankful you wrote them.  He takes one 8mg Sub everyday, because he feels a slight "high" off of the pills, and I told him it's because the Sub goes to your opiate receptors, so you are going to feel a little high, but if you do, it should be a sign to lower the amount you are taking.  But anyway, I just wanted to ask you guys if you thought that the amount I am taking is enough that you think I could get "hooked" on the Sub.  I think if anything it is more of a mental addition then a physical, because I know sometimes I feel like I can't get out of bed until I take the Sub.  But I want to know how many mg's were you taking every day of the Sub, and also how many mg's of painkiller were you all taking for how long?  Thank you guys and Please Write Back :)
Love Rachel
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hey thanks for the advice.  I was taking a half of a 8mg suboxone every 3 days, but today I felt like I had horrible pain in my legs and then I gave in an ate another half of a 8mg.  So, I ate a whole 8mg suboxone in  about 60 hours.  I feel a little guilty about it, but I am also really freaked out now after reading all the warnings everyone gave me.  It was pretty much a hands down, everyone agreed comment that the Subuxone withdrawal is worse than the pain killer withdrawal.  And I wish I would have never read that because I am very much a mental person as a physical person.  I know that everytime I go to decrease the amount I am taking or ultimitily when I decided to stop I know I will mental make myself feel "the worse withdrawal".  And I never went to the doctor to get the Subutex, I am just medicating myself and I didn't know how much to take or how long to be on it.  Well, it's been about 5 weeks that I've been on it now.  I am really scared to stop though because now I've heard the withdrawal is worse!  But like you said, it is definitely time for me to cut back on taking it, because I think 5 weeks of being on it is really transferring the addiction from one thing to another.  I just want to be normal and not have to take anything!  I am soo sick of this :(  I think I am going to cut my 8mg pills into 3rds and take one of them every 3 days.  And then the following week, I am going to cut them into 4ths, and so on. Hopefully, I will decrease the amount I am taking so slowly that my body doesn't notice a huge change.  Oh, and I wanted to ask you about the half life?  I didn't think the half life was that long, one of the 1st websites I looked at said, " The absorption of buprenorphine is followed by a rapid distribution phase and a half-life of 2 to 5 hours."  It's on this web site:     http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/c/html/displayDocPrinterFriendly.asp?documentid=2581
Which one is right?  I am starting to feel like I really should have talked to a professional about this whole situation, instead of taking things into my own hands and self medicating myself.  But thanks for the support and please try to find out about the half life issue, thank you :)
Helpful - 0
first of all, 40-60 pills/day is outraaaaaaageous...thank god youre not doing that anymore...i would honestly see a doctor, because that's got to be insane on your liver...the amount...40 5/500 percocets would be like 2 grams of aspirin...which is dangerous. ANYWAYS...taking the suboxone only once every 3 days is really good....especially if you stick to that schedule for a while. the half life of buprenorphine is about 37.5 hours, so every day and a half, half of what you took is still in your body, so, based on your dose, you can do the math. i'd reccomend getting down to 1mg every 3 days, so either .3/mgs every day, or 1mg every 3 days, etc. but then once youre on that schedule for a week or so, i'd quit. thats where i stopped, and my wd's were very very minor.
Helpful - 0
Just wanted you all to know I changed my name to RachelsTrying, because I didn't want anyone who knew me to recognize me on here!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.