Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Best books on addiction

Hey Guys,
Would you guys all mind posting the best books you've read on addiction ( for those of you that read any)? I saw in someone's post the mention of A Million Little Pieces...I want to read it, but haven't yet. Although I have been clean since Dec, I like to get the most knowledge and understanding on addiction as possible...I feel I always have to keep my guard up, you know?
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Sorry I wanted to mention a book...
"I'm dancing as fast as I can"
Helpful - 0
Thanks, Everyone, for all your comments!!! I'm going to research all those books...I really appreciate all the responses!
Helpful - 0
I just started reading "A Million Little Pieces"...........

I hope Oprah would consider mine when its done.....
Helpful - 0
52704 tn?1387020797
1.  You can get End Your Addiction Now at www.powerrecovery.com

2.  Seven Weeks to Sobriety, by Joan Larson

3.  The Mood Cure, by Julia Ross

4.  Staying Sober, by Gorski & Miller

5.  Staying Clean & Sober, by Miller & Miller

** The Spirituality of Imperfection: Storytelling and the Search for Meaning, by Ernest Kurtz - this is not about addiction, per se, but it's a very good Recovery book as it is about a way of thinking and being that fosters Recovery.

BTW:  I read A Million Little Pieces in 2005, when I was about half way through a four-month rehab.  I thought at the time that it was pure BS.  I'll admit that a FEW parts of it are graphic and descriptive in a way that captures the emotional and physical essense of active addiction, but it is of absolutely no help for someone in active addiction who wants Recovery.  

Further, the book has been proven to be FICTION -
see www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0104061jamesfrey1.html
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
Did you grab a bite,

I sent you 2 replys, said I would wait until you got done eating...

Just curious if your on now,

if so check my reply's

Love
Todd
Helpful - 0
Signing on to amazon now...thanks so much for the advice!! How are you feeling tonight, hun? Details!!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You may have to order it.. when I was looking for it.. it had to be ordered from borders.. i didn't check barnes and noble though.. the hard cover is out of print.. not sure about soft cover.. I got mine used on amazon
Helpful - 0
Oh, great! Thanks! I'll grab it later when I run to Barnes and Noble! Thanks for the quick response!
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
END YOUR ADDICTION NOW  by charles gant..  its about how to recover the body and mind.. excellent read it in 3 days..
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.