Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
217157 tn?1189755820

Rebound Headaches...will this ever stop?

I know I posted about this recently, but I'm just in need to complain, vent about it, I dunno...I just know that this is so friggin hard, but I want to do this with every ounce of me. Its the rebound headaches that are so debilitating...its hard when I have a 15 month old at home to care for. I feel like I don't hear many ppl talk about rebound headaches...are they common, or just some of us get them? I really want to know how long they will be here for...its only been 3 full days of only 2 pills a day...I weaned myself down to 10 pills a day for the last month and now 2 a day which has left me feeling miserable. I'm sorry I'm on here complaining again, I don't know how else to get this of my chest...its nagging at me constantly. Thanks again.
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I had BAD rebound headaches when I went off Motrin - had a pounding headache every day for almost 2 weeks. Believe it or not, putting an ice packon the back of my neck (wrapped in a dish towel so it didn't freeze my skin) really helped - it gave my pain receptors something new to work with so my head at least stopped pounding so hard. I also found that sweet carbohydrates ( cookies, bread with jelly on it, some chocolate) also helped to alleviate the headache. Tylenol was worthless, and anything else was off limits. If the headache was REAL bad, I would take a Benadryl as soon as I was able to lie down. I also had to cut out all my caffeine since that also made my headaches worse.

Good luck. I pray you feel better soon...
Helpful - 0
217157 tn?1189755820
Thanks for the advice, I will try those thigns.
Helpful - 0
I hope you are feeling better......I can't imagine doing this while caring for a 15 moth old .   They are so awesome and wonderful at that age and SO thrilled about being able to walk that they RUN alot.  I remember it well with my own kids.

Please feel free to vent about anything you need to here.  That is why we have our forum.   There are some very wise and caring people here and they have lots of tips about this detoxing thing.

If you have access, there are accupuncture techniques for headaches.  Just a thought.

Take care and keep strong.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.