Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Day 12

Hello everyone! :)

I am at work and it's been a busy Monday.  I do not have much time at the moment but I wanted to write you guys.  Hopefully I will be on more later.

Day 12 and I am feeling good - yet another day.  I will tell you want I have done so maybe it can help some of you.

First of all - the first few days of withdrawal I rested (I went cold turkey).  I tried to keep my ming occupied though.  I watched a lot of movies.  A lot of emotional ones - I felt so emotional - helped to get some of those sad feelings out.  I actually think crying was a good thing.  I kept my mind focused -I was very determined this time.  You have to be in the right mind set in my opinion.  I thought to myself this is the last time I am going through this sh*t!!  I also took Xanax (becareful though it is addicting) those first few days.  I had a lot of banana's for the RLS, in fact I am still eating them every day.  I recently started using melatonin - which has helped me to sleep more soundly.  I am still taking at least one bath a day - to unwind and it just relaxes my whole body - especially after the hell of the first week - I am trying to be good to myself.  I take a strong multi-vitamin everyday.  The past few days I have been stretching and exercising - mainly walking my dogs.  I wore them out yesterday believe it or not.  The ABSOLUTE most important thing was coming here and talking to everyone.  The support has been amazing!  Without that I am not sure where I would be.  

Love,

Shelby
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Thanks for sharing.....keep up the good work , you will make it to help us all out!
god bless
Helpful - 0
Congrats Shelby!!!
Awsome! Day 12! So you feel better? How's your energy level? That is so awsome...two more days and it will be two full weeks. Nice job! Have you noticed if the exercise has helped with your mood at all? Again, congrats on 12 days. That is a huge accomplishment.
Helpful - 0
Thats just awesome !! day 12 yay
i have been following you along this..i have done everything you just said and it helps alot. my day 9 today im going to run errands and i feel much better today than i have in 9 days. i picked my xanax back up a cpl days ago because my racing head..and they have worked miracles for me but i had also been taking them for 5 yrs. but yes ppl if you are using them to control Wd's..be careful with those.
shelby you are my light. !!!
thanks and welcome to your new life
Helpful - 0
YAY for Shelby!!!!  You go girl!!!!

I hope you feel so good about what you've done...

Note to all: Epson salts rock when you use them in your hot baths.  If you are gonna be miserable, you may as well at least feel all floaty and smooth... it's also supposed to help pull toxins out of your body.
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I am so very happy and proud of you. It is so good to hear that you are feeling good. I too am feeling tons better.

You are right, the melatonin does work wonders for sleep. I dont even need it now. I slept the whole weekend w/o anything to sleep.

Banana's are also good for Potassium to help with RLS...another symptom I have been doing without...thank god, to me, that and insomnia are the worst of all the w/d symptoms.

Glad to hear your in work and keeping busy....I'll be around all day....Keep in touch..

Lisa
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Dy 12 is a huge milestone... I could never get there without formal detox.
Helpful - 0
Wow, you are doin' awesome!!! I'm so proud of you!!  And yes, you are right.  Anyone taking xanax for anxiety or depression while goin' through withdrawals, please only do a few for the first 3 or 4 days, stop after that.  They are very addicting and are even worse withdrawals from gettin' off of those.

Take care and god bless, hugz,

Lil.  :)
Helpful - 0
WOW... Thank you for that!!  I was wondering how much you took and for how long? Do you know if the length of time of usage affects the severity of the WD symptoms? I would imagine it would. I've been on vicodin for four months. If I quit now, cold turkey, would it be as hard as if on them a year?
kt
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.