Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
216878 tn?1196037520

road2recovery

Yes i am doing it cold turkey. The hardest thing i have ever went through in my life, by far.. Day 8 and can't believe it still. For the first week i had severe stomach pain, the runs very bad, fever, chills, just flu like symptoms... also insomnia, and still having trouble sleeping, did get a few hrs. last night for the first time in 8 days. But after all that the physical pains are pretty much gone, i do still feel very exhausted, i go outside for 5 min. or so and dont even have to do nothing but feel like i was hit by a truck, get worn out very easily. It will pass though. I keep telling my self i made it 8 days and i DO NOT want to go through those withdrawals ever ever ever again. I am depressed and find myself thinking about the percs 24 hrs. a day, but then i tell myself NO it is not worth it. Come so far to turn back now. I can't wait until the day i feel normal again, i feel like a 5 yr. old trapped in a 35 yr. old body, gotta learn to live life all over aagin in a totally different way, it can be done. From reading on this site and seeing what lies ahead for me is very helpful, it lets me know what i have ahead of me so i can be prepared. I wish you all the best when you start. It is possible, Trust me... I never went a day without them in over 4 years. So 8 days for me is so UNREAL.... But i am proud to have made it this far. My husband is the only one who knows in my family, so talking to him and crying to him and letting it all out helps me soooooo much. The rest of my family just thinks i have a bad flu, its hard hiding it, but someday i will let them all know what i had to go through and i am sure they will be proud of me... Well sorry for talking to much, just feels good sometimes to let others know what to expect and give support. Talk to ya soon.

HUGZZZZ....Hopeless
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
how many were you taking a day?? you give me hope..Did you take anything else for the w/d's...I have only went maybe 48 hours and it was hell..And then i had kids to tend to , and couldn't just lay in bed..I literally could not get my ass out of bed..The RLS was terrible, one night i stayed in the tub the whole night and when i got out i left the water in for the next time i would have to get in and just add more hot...And that was all night..in tears..
girl---now you are there...and it will only get better..you can help us so much on here..
thanks
god bless you
Helpful - 0
how many were you taking a day?? you give me hope..Did you take anything else for the w/d's...I have only went maybe 48 hours and it was hell..And then i had kids to tend to , and couldn't just lay in bed..I literally could not get my ass out of bed..The RLS was terrible, one night i stayed in the tub the whole night and when i got out i left the water in for the next time i would have to get in and just add more hot...And that was all night..in tears..
girl---now you are there...and it will only get better..you can help us so much on here..
thanks
god bless you
Helpful - 0
so true and thank you...hey day 9 is better !!!!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.