Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Oxycontin Addiction

Is it possible to stop oxycotin without withdraws??? If so, how low of a milligram do I have to go per day? Cold Turkey is not working.  
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
ok what do you mean cold turkey isnt working ?
the wd's too bad? let me know so i can help ok
Helpful - 0
Yeah. They make me dead to the world. Tired, Depressed, diarrea, body aches, not hungry and sleepless nights.
Helpful - 0
Bassically I take about 80mgs a day. So if I cut down to 20mgs a day will this help. Just stopping is not working.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hi, are you brand new? If so welcome.  You came to the right place.  I didn't do the Oxy's but the norcos are pretty much the same thing.... I know about the Tapering program not working, I have a black-belt in it AND cold turkey.  Many people have here, done it, but I'm not one of them.  If you can do it that would be fantastic!  I'm trying to give inspiration here and I'm not doing a very good job, but the fact that you are here and asking is great.  You're thinking about going from 80mgs to 20.  I'm sure that it would be better than CT but can you do a long extended taper with your doc informed as to what you are doing... also, colonidine, which is a blood pressure med worked wonders for me and ask your doc about that.  It is prescribed for that specifically in many cases.  At your level, it would be a good idea to try say like 6 weeks of tapering? [hey people in the forum, help me with this]  I did a 6 week thing with suboxone but had some, not a lot, of trouble with it. Please don't let me scare you, We have to get clean and it does take some work... do it for you life.

good luck and stay close to us, we want to help

Jim
Helpful - 0
id say going to 20 is good for a start..the wd's you said are totally normal we all have had or are having them now..they go away in a few days.
the one reason i decided not to taper was i was afraid it would prolong my wd's and drag them out longer so i just bit the bullet. maybe try to cut down to 15 mgs in a cpl days for a cpl days then to 10 and so on. there are ways to help the wd's ///get some imodium and take hot baths as many as you can. also eat some fruit..i prefer banannas because they help my legs. get some motrin or w.e you can take to ease some the body aches..nothing is a cure but it makes them easier. good luck and keep me posted ok
Helpful - 0
Thank you guys! I feel alot better. I have been off Oxy for 2 1/2 days but I had to take a twenty mg. about an hour ago and feel real bad about it. It was killing me to do but I feel much better and it did not get me high.  Hope I don't have to start all over again.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hi,

There is another new person here too just starting out and I told J. to be prepared for the roller coaster ride cause there will be ups and downs.

back at 10:30 pacific, gotta go to a movie with the fam.

take care and ask a lot of questions
Jim
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.