Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Help this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!111

ok 1st day off methadone actually been 38 hours, i am feeling really bad -crawling out of my skin that is the worst so far except runny nose runny eyes and a severe headache-i started to get cramps in the backs of my calfs , but i took 2 ativcans and a valium feeling a little better,especially the cramps and somewhat the headache. i know tommarrow is going to be worse but today sucked, i may be too big of a baby to deal with this,i might not make it if it gets as bad as everyone says-can't do that.i hear they are worse then kicking heroin and i couldn't do that without going and getting a fix within 48-72 hours never made it past 72 hours, although my husband was always with me before sick at the same time and would judt leave and bring us home a fix, i kinda miss him now only because he is someone who at least knows me,understands what i am going through and can give me constant gopod advice-i know i told my famiily to not let me know if he writes but now i want to know and they are saying they threw his letters away, that really pis::: me rite off, i am a 33 yr old woman and he is my husband for 6 years i blame me for my faults not him.
thank to whoever read this, i am beginbning to think noone does really read these unless you are known on here and all the posts i read are so werid compared to when i came here a while ago 2 weeks ago, anyways i am sure noone is gonna read this even tho i really need a little encourage,ment
peace out,
Jenn
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
Nice posts from the forum!  It's getting nice around here, knock on wood.
Helpful - 0
thank you i am still not feeling good gonna go take a shower and hopefully these ativans and valium will kick in i also smoked-i just can't help that i will be o.k i know just being a baby i hate this

opiate ad-
thanks especailly cause i could not do this alone
Helpful - 0
i always read these. the wd's seem worse than they are. its your mental making you think you cant handle them. You this far along,,dont go back .just kick this now that you have started to. It will be better soon. take a hot bath a very long one ok. that will help relax your legs and you. please please dont give up ok. ill be here for a while so if you need me..just yell my name ok
anything else i can do to help let me know.
in a few days you will look back and say..dang ..im glad i stuck this out i feel like a new person.
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hey J.  Just remember that you will go up and down... there will be some lows where you just get the 'screw-it's"  be prepared for the roller coaster ride OK?

the family and I are headed to see "Pirates" normal stuff huh?  I wont be able to post for a few hours but will try to read tonight aroung 10:30 pacific.

The normal stuff will come to you to after a little hell.... be looking for it, (the normal stuff)  Keep your head up and don't stay horizontal for too long eh?

Take a small walk?
Helpful - 0
im right there with you jenn.. i feel like im crawling out of my skin as well.. i actualy bought some b stress complex today and it really helps me for a few hours after i take it.. in the meanwhile im trying to distract myself with movies and crappy cable television.. you have to hit rock bottom before you find your way out it seems.. try the b vitamin and make sure youre stocked up on sleeping aids and what not.. its going to be all right.. it really is.. (something i have to keep telling myself since it feels like im in hell right now)
Helpful - 0
you know what too, guys?  maybe this isn't the best advice, but i took a ton of sh** to help me sleep last night, and today was much better.

even when i wasn't a "junkie" i had sleep problems, and lack of sleep makes everything - EVERYTHING - worse.

so one thing i found that really helped me between yesterday and today was getting SLEEP.

also - one other thought - i don't know everyone's story here, but most of us do not have an incurable disease (well, maybe a manageable one anyway, some none at all) and all we have to do is GET OFF THE DRUGS.  WE have a choice.  many do not have a choice to feel like sh** - so in a way, we're blessed to feel like sh** (PLEASE don't take this wrong...) because we CAN get better.

alot of people don't have the choice or option of getting better.

so maybe tonight, i will count my blessings for that.

food for thought.

thanks everyone again for all of your help.  i don't know if i could have done this without this place.

with love...
mj
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hi J.

It is tough yes but the good part is that you aren't really that old and your body will heal fast.

I did post earlier, Can you get to a doc for some help?? don't have to do this all at once you know.  

Best
Jim
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
We are reading and thinking of you... I know this is hard... Do you have a doc that could give you some clonidine?? It would help much more than the benzo's..  banana's help for cramps.. as well as Hylands Restful Legs.. salty foods help with the chills, lots of hot showers and baths..
You can get through this...
Helpful - 0
girl-- i just love the way you worded that...We are lucky in that way...i totally understand what you mean..Makes me think about the really sick people( not that some here don't have real pain) but i mean like last stages of cancer or something like that..Your food for thought was great and worth thinking about
god bless everyone
Helpful - 0
.. and that wasn't the drugs talkin', baby!

thank you for your kind words.

:-)
mj
Helpful - 0
Hang on................it will get better.  We are hear for you and we are listening.  If you come across one of our "funky" patches here in the forum just scroll back to the archives, someone will say something that you can relate to, it never fails.

I have heard that advil pm helps for sleep and others swear by the Thomas Recipe.   Whatever you do just don't use that drug that got you here, k?   Stay with it and it will pass.....
Helpful - 0
hey i read your post down a few to me on that detox one--thanks alot it really does help and hopefully i won't offend anyone when i am ranting and raving haha and then ya all ignor me completly anyways i sometimes just need to vent especailly when i am feeling like SH**
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.