Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

hello again

been gone for a little while because of all the refills....ugh but here I am again starting to taper again tomorrow from this dang Ultram. I hope it is not as bad this time. I hope you all have been doing well. Minnie are u still here? I could really use your support right now.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
182493 tn?1348052915
Minnie is still here somewhere... how are you??  I too am still here. but my quit day is this week...
Helpful - 0
I am glad to see you are well and still fighting the fight.....did you get married?? I think it was u that was planning a wedding. I haven't been here since beginning of April....messed up big time but willing to start over.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
Yes I got married... It was great..I will have to show you some pics...
Helpful - 0
awesome congratulations!!!!!!! I will keep you posted this week. I hope I can do it this time.
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
You can.. hopefully Minnie will be in touch so you two can catch up...
Helpful - 0
How nice to hear from you - I have been thinking about you and looking for posts. How are you and all your kids?
Good for you that you have decided to try tapering from those damned tramadols, I will support you all I can, after all I know how hard they are to get off.
Don't know if you have been lurking all this time, but I think it is almost six weeks since I stopped C/T 12 tramadols a day. I hope I don't discourage you, but it has been pure hell - I felt more and more terrible during the first FOUR weeks and was so desperate at the end of that period that I ended up taking two tramadol a day from time to time - I think it was too great a chock for my system to stop like that - and I had to try something, as I really had to get back to work, so I have done this sort of backwards and tapered AFTER C/T (sounds strange, I know). But I am much better now, and I am not going to beat myself up about not stopping altogether - two tramadols maybe twice a week is so much better than 12 tramadol EVERY day.
I will definetely encourage you to taper slowly (even if I know it takes a lot of willpower - which I didn't have much of myself) and NOT stop C/T, how many pills are you taking a day? I seem to remember that it wasn't too many.
Please keep posting and I will be there for you.
Take care
Minnie

Helpful - 0
You are doing great that is wonderful. I tapered for 2 weeks then went without for 2 weeks and it was awful so I started taking 4 a day again in mid April. Not alot I know but still hard to stop. It should be easier this time because of the weather too though because it was 20 degrees out the last time and that was hard. I will keep you posted and I am sooooo glad you are doing well.
                                                         Michelle
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.