A
Close

Boyfriend addicted to percocet, methadone, alcohol, and pot

My boyfriend of 5 years has been taking 200 Percocet
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
Thank you very much..

I am going to have to agree with tnrbowneyes...Leave him...I know it is hard, but if you love him and what you are saying isn't getting through, then you need to show him that you cannot be apart of it. By staying, you are condoning...in his eyes...Hopefully, losing you will set of a trigger..Like I said, and addict has to want to remove the drugs from his or her life. It is a hard desicion. But can be done. He has an opportunity to live a normal life..he just has to take it..Good luck to you and to him. Keep us posted..

Lisa
Helpful - 0
I just read that and it's so sad! Are you ok? Was it recently? (((Hugs))) to you.
Helpful - 0
I have to tell you, it was the first thought in my head too - intervention.

with all that stuff in his body, i can't imagine he or you even know what he's really even like anymore...

i am so sorry... :-(
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I would have to say an intervention would be adequate. I lost both my parents to liver cancer. They were both addicts/alcoholics...
Addictive personaities do run in the family. I never touched any sort of drugs for fear of gettting addicted like my parents, until three years ago. I took one percocet - 5mgs...and that ignighted a three year, 1000mg a day, oxy contin addiction. Which also resulted in the death of my husband. Very sad, but very true.

Percocets do cause you to be very irritable. I hated everything and was so annoyed all the time. Your b/f has to want to quit for himself, no offense, but not for you or for anyone else. Not to be mean, but unless it is for himelf it will never work and he will relapse again, and again...It wasn't unitl I actually wanted to quit for me...that I was able and am now 22 days clean...may not sound like much..but it is the first time I have been more then 2 days, drug free in over three years....

Good luck...Talk to someone else before you talk to his Dr. he may feel betrayed. Have you tried expressing your concern to him/his family?

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Tnbrowneyes
Thank you for replying. I just get sad because I know he will not go to rehab. He was forced to go several times as a juvenile and thinks it
Helpful - 0
My advice...leave him..give him the chance to see your serious and you wont stand for it. You cant live your life the way he is and nothing good can come from it. by your concern i can tell your a caring person..you deserve to be cared for in return. ok
Helpful - 0
thats alot of dif chemicals mixing..im know how you feel..i went thru that with my dad..your b/f sounds like my dad..he died in 2002 on dec 21st also from liver failure. for many yrs i tried to plead and beg with my dad..nothing would work. you need to have an INTERVENTION!!!!!!! point blank..he may need to go to rehab..i doubt he can kick this at home. sorry to sound so blunt but im being honest. His dr if aware of this can talk to him and help him get help..but the one factor is..he has to want the help. i have known of a few very cases where if proven he is harming himself they can force him into rehab.
after my uncle died a few months before my dad..my dad did go in rehab and walked out because he could..4 months later i buried him. your b/f is young enough to have a chance!!! dont give up be show some serious tough love..he may not like you at first but when he kicks the drugs he will thank you.
i dont know if anyone else can help..i hope so..lots of advice from this forum for you. good luck and please let me know how is doing and if he does go to rehab or gets help..we will also be here to support him ok.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.