Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thank you so much for the response: fish, marcatj, road, browneyes, Marce and to everyone

Thank you all for your responses. I do agree I am depressed, I do have to make myself get out and will do that more now that I know that it will help me get better faster. I hope that, with that and the anti-depressant I can get my life back. There's a lot going on in my life and some of it just brings me further down. Like everyone else that's just life. I have never had to deal with depression b4, my Dr. suggested the anti-depressant when I broke down in his office out of the blue. So hopefully it will work with a little help from just getting out there and doing more.
Thank you again so very much also to everyone on this site. It has been a source of information and support. Just by reading the post's I have felt a connection to all of you and I will be forever grateful to everyone here.
God Bless,
Melissa-Gypsy
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
just let us know how your doing ok..best of luck i hope this is the answer you were looking for.
Helpful - 0
Oh Melissa... I really do understand.  I've been down before, but never been "clinically" depressed like I am now..

But you know what?  There is no shame in that.  And - just never forget that EVERYTHING is temporary in this life, and it will all turn around.  This (the anti-d's) are just something to get you thru this hump, and again - there is NO shame in that.  Life is very, very hard sometimes!!

I am likely telling you nothing you don't know already, but chin up, girl.  This too shall pass.

BTW - I had lunch with a friend the other day who the last time I saw her - at least 3 years ago - was at the lowest of the low.  Not from drugs, but just .. life.  And she is the sweetest girl, but she really had more sh** than anyone I knew...

So, when I saw her the other day, EVERYTHING in her life had turned around!!!  She's engaged to a lovely man, she no longer has financial worries anymore for her and her son (for a number of reasons) and she is genuinely blessed, and very happy.

So.. the moral of the story is - it's all temporary.  You don't know what tomorrow holds.  And life will soon, very much, turn around.  You are doing everything RIGHT.

I am rootin' for ya sister, but you don't even need that, because it WILL all turnaround.  I promise.  That is not an empty promise - that is a really, really I promise!!

With love and warm wishes,
:)
mj
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.