Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Marcie

Just wanted to make absolutely clear that I still consider you a successs story - you have made it almost four months and that takes so much determination and stamina - and I can see the temptation with back issues and a doc giving you yet another script.

AND you have already stopped again - don't be too disappointed in yourself - we all know (also from reading this forum for the past months) that relapse is common, and the thing is to get right back on track.

I am not entirely free of the pills myself, even if I am in control (for the time being), it has been so much harder on my body to stop than I thought - after four weeks without any pills at all I am now sort of tapering with two tramadols a couple of times a week, which has helped with the ongoing flulike symptoms,, so as you can see, I am not quite there yet either. And as you say, the stopping is just one little part of it, staying clean is the hard part.

Will you joint NA/AA this time? I have felt like you - not ready to join these groups - and I am still not ready to do it, even if it would probably be beneficial, but I still don't want to share my addiction with anyone (I am certainly not in denial, but too ashamed to share)(I did end up telling my husband though).

I hope the w/d won't be too bad this time, and that you will soon be back to where you were. You have done it before, you can do it again. Stay strong and take care.
Minnie

4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi to you in Denmark.  I feel a little shaky today....not quite as bad as last time but I have no patience or motivation.  I have soo much to do today so I can't sit around. That may be good.  

I appreciate your support more than you know!  I just feel a little too down to write now. Not really in a supportive mood today. (But I am proud of you as well....I just hope we can beat this and yes I think NA is my only option now!)

Take care of yourself...you really are doing it now!
Peace,
Marcie
Helpful - 0
I understand completely if you do not feel up to posting much - the first two weeks I couldn't even stand to sit down in front of the computer, so just concentrate on getting through one hour at a time.
Do you have any xanax or milder benzo-diazepines to help you through the first days? It really did help me, and I still rely heavily on sleeping pills to sleep - and even then I only sleep 3-5 hours a night.
Hang in there, and hopefully you will feel a bit better tomorrow - otherwise remember that you felt much better on day four last time - that is the day after tomorrow - not too far away.
Take care and post, when you feel like it.
Minnie
Helpful - 0
195648 tn?1231812118
I know this post was aimed at Marce so I hope I'm allowed to add to it!  LOL

Marce, if I didn'tmake myself clear earlier I too consider you a success.  My biggest fear when I entered AA years ago was whether or not I would have the courage to humble myself, ask for help and support AGAIN and raise my hand and say "I have one day back" if I ever slipped and for you to come back and share your story with us is an inspiration and I for one truly appreciate it.
You're in my prayers as always...
- T.
Helpful - 0
Thanks T....I appreciate everything you say...always has the ring of truth and no BS!!!!!  That's the kind of stuff I need to hear now! I am trying really hard to get back on track right now and I know I can do it YET AGAIN! I've got to keep on trying til I get it right!
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.