Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close
216878 tn?1196037520

Losing my mind here

You know this site is soo great, but I wish so bad that we were all in one big house together to be there to rip the phone out of someones hands when they are about to pick it up to make that call to try to get some more pills, and i wish that we could be together just to give a hug to someone when they are feeling low. The way i am feeling today, just freakin sucks... God, i want so bad to get some, i know i am not gonna do it, just feeling this way for some reason today. My nerves are shot, i feel worthless, and lazy, and sad i feel it all right now. I swear to all of you, if it were not for this site i would have failed. I know me, and i am a quitter. I pray every night "Please God help me I can't do this on my own anymore." Give me strength...I have come so freakin far, to turn back now, but this damm temptation is killing me. I feel like i am gonna lose it any moment now. My kids are driving me up the wall today, my husband went back to work, and i feel lost and lonely. He was my support, now he is gone. I can't take this emptiness i am feeling inside. I know this is prob.normal but i am weak and don't know how to deal with this. Part of me wants to run away and go cry somewhere,God if i didn't have kids i would.
I know it gets better, i read what you all say, but errrrrrr i really don't know if i am gonna be able to make it. I keep telling myself 10 days now over and over in my head, and it feels like eternity to me and i am proud to say it has been 10 days, but at the same time i just want to quit and give in. I miss my husband being here, but he had to go back to work. This just sucks today... See here i am being a crybaby again, when ya all have your own problems to deal with, sure ya don't need someone like me whining around. Just feels good sometimes to write what i am feeling is all... Sorry

Hopeless
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I know how you feel and it is a lonely crappy feeling. Take some deep breaths through your mouth and let out slowly through your nose. Do this ten times, it releases the toxins in your body. Try to get your mind of it by playing some games on the net, reading or watching a movie. A good place to play games for money is Gamesville.com and it will take your mind off it for awhile. Who knows, you might hit that jackpot. Keep on posting and reaching out. I like to play scrabble on line and also download Goldenpalace.com, I think the adrenalin rush helps a little with the cravings. This is not an easy process and you are doing so great. 10 days is nothing to snub your nose at. It takes determination and hard work. I am praying for you and this too will place and your life will change in amazing ways.

Hug to ya,
Tim
Helpful - 0
hopeless... i am so sorry you're feeling this way today.  i'm gonna toss a few ideas out there..

-do you have any books that can help you through this? if not, maybe a trip worth to the bookstore?  not just on addiction, but spiritual books, books about surrender, even books with a Buddhist bent I have found helped me in the past.

-do you have someone (i'm sorry - i can't remember - maybe your husband?) - that youc an say all these things to in person? and have them hold your hand thru these feelings?

-is it worth checking into AA or NA meetinsg near you, so you have human contact thru this?

-also, if you want my phone number, YOU CAN CALL ME.  obviously we need to figure out a way to get it to you (lol.)  but i am telling you from my heart if you want to call me, you can.

THIS MOMENT IS TEMPORARY!!!!  IT WILL PASS!!!!!!!

xoxox-
mj
Helpful - 0
You are doing great - you must hang in there!  Take the advice of others and keep your mind occupied.  I will be here a lot of the day - keep posting to me - you can say anything here - trust me we understand!

You are going to be sensitive - this is normal.  You are getting your emotions back - which is actually a good thing.  Do not give up!

I know your husband not being there is a burden.  Lean on everyone here.  We will get you through another day - at least until your hubby comes home. ;)

Shelby
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
Ok crying now, it is so amazing the suppor ti have here. Just having a bad depressing day is all...maybe it will go better as the day goes on. God I hope and pray it will. I guess you are all right whenyou say this will pass. I am gonna stick this out (I Hope) take it day by day.

Yes i have a few people to lean on, but it is hard especially when they just don't totally understand what i really am going through. They listen and give me hugs when i need one, but at the same time make me feel like i just need to get over it already. They just don't get it...

Marcatj: I will give you my email... it is:

pachic_2000***@****

If there comes a time i really just want to talk maybe i can give ya a call.
Thank you so very very much..This means so much to me... From all of you and all the support... God i can't imagine not have ever finding this site... Think it was so meant to be....

Hugz to all, Hopeless
Helpful - 0
This site means more to me then you know - well the people here.

my email is: ms.***@****

And sweetie don't say you are going to try or you hope - you will do this!

Love,

Shelby

P.S.  Do you remember in the original Star Wars movies when Yoda says "there is no try - do or do not".  I feel like I am sounding like him now! lol
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Hi Yoda.
Helpful - 0
do you remember how i was yesterday? the day before i was super ..then yesterday bam..i got stressed right? was tired? hey..its ok..day by day .
even today i just went to sleep for 2 hrs..now that i can sleep during the day (and not the night) thats all i want to do lol. i was like ooo im going to mow today and do this and do that but sometimes instead of day by day go hr by hr. we both are still in the early days of detox and have seen ppl on here further along say they feel normal and what all they are doing..they didnt get that way overnight but they are glad they did...you will be fine..i promise. i have my kid outside riding a scooter..the cartoons were giving me nightmares ..lol. trust me ok.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.