Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Thanks so much. Put the gears in motion.

Hi.  Thanks for all of your help.  Went to the doctor today to do a preliminary for starting suboxone.  Doctor was a complete jerk, talked to me like I was somehow less than.  I regained my composure, and when it was all over, I told him that, due to the fact that I was there for me, and not for him, that I would forget his behavior as soon as I walked out of his office.  He replied, with a smile, "Fair Enough."  Have to be there at 9:00am tomorrow to start process.  Nervous.  Oh, forgot to mention that even though he deals with suboxone, he told me he wouldn't give suboxone to his dog.  Thanks again.  Nervous a bit.
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
177036 tn?1192286635
HE PROBABLY ATE HIS DOG.
Helpful - 0
Wow!!! Did you ask him why and what other suggestions he had??
Helpful - 0
I think liscamdave can help you in this area..I am not sure about the stuff.  Your doc sounds a little negative.  Maybe he doesn't believe in the stuff.  Maybe see another Doc.

All my best,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
216878 tn?1196037520
wow, interesting... I was thinkn bout going to my Dr. today or at least calling him and letting him know i am 10 days off pills now. See this is why i am scared, Dr. should be there for support, not to make you out to be the bad one.
This is terrible. You think he would have been glad for your honesty and glad that you had the courage to go to him. Sounds like a real jerk...

Ya i would look for a new Dr. someone you can confide in and someone who will understand you.

Good luck to you

Hopeless
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.