Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

Last one I promise..

I know I have heard this joke somewhere before.  It could have been here - if so opps! lol

Police officer pulls over a speeding car. The officer says, "I clocked you at 80 mph, sir."
The driver says, "Gee, officer, I had it on cruise control at 65, perhaps your radar needs calibrating." Not looking up from her afghan, his wife says sweetly, "Now don't be silly
dear, you know very well this car doesn't have cruise control." As the officer makes out the ticket, the driver looks over at his wife and growls, "Can't you keep your mouth shut for once?"

The wife smiles demurely and says "You should be thankful your radar
detector went off when it did". As the officer makes out a second ticket for the illegal radar detector, the man glowers at his wife and says through clenched teeth,
"Dammit woman, shut your mouth! NOW!" The officer frowns and says, "And, I notice you're not wearing your seat belt, sir, that's an automatic $75 fine."

The driver says, "Yeah, well you see officer, I had it on, but took it off when you pulled me over to get my license out of my back pocket." And the wife says, "Now dear, you know very well that you didn't have your seat belt on, you never wear your seat belt when you're driving the Corvette." And, as the officer makes out the third ticket the driver turns to his wife and barks, "WHY DON'T YOU SHUT THE HELL UP"

And the officer looks over at the woman and says, "Does your husband always
talk to you this way, Ma'am?" "Oh heavens no, officer, only when he's been drinking..."
12 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
THis is an oldie...but most certianly a goodie...I love hearing this joke...thanks for the laugh my dear...

xoxo

Lisa
Helpful - 0
laughing so hard I almost peeded myself!!!!!
Helpful - 0
Anytime sweetie!  

The weather is so nice here today - I really want to be outside.  Can you call in sick if you are already at work - no I guess not.

Plus fishmeal reminded me it is only Wednesday...argh!

I am antsy to go do things.  Now instead of watching the closk to see when I can take my next pill - I am looking forward to the weekend.  Imagine that! lol

Hugs,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Oh dear! lol

I hate it when that happens! :)
Helpful - 0
209656 tn?1272297065
OH my.....

You just won't let me get back to Work will you?  LOL

I have to give you a big Hug (((((((((((((((((  Shelby  ))))))))))))))))))))))))

You always, just have to keep me laughing, and won't let up!

LOTS ANS LOTS of LOVE to YOU!

God Bless You!

Todd!
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
THAT ONE IS FUNNY!
Helpful - 0
Todd, my dear, it is not my fault if you have poor concentration skills at work. ;) Then again what am I talking about - I am at work too.  As you can see I am getting a lot done...well with posting I am getting a lot done.  Last time I checked though, it was not in my job description.  

You cheer me up by the way!  A lot!  

Lots of hugs!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
LOL, you made me laugh so hard today. You are a sweetheart and so nice to have you here!!! What is your cat's name? I am glad to see that you are doing well and cheering up some of the members today. It means a lot especially if you are down in the dumps.

Big Hug to ya,
Tim
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Oh SHelby my dear, we are so much alike it scares me...lol..

This morning, after I walked into work..I was so tempted to leave and call in sick as my boss was not in yet...because of the beautiful weather..but I didn't.

Expecially because I called out at least once every other week for the past three years.. when I couldn't get my pills..lol...

Anyway...it is wednesday, HUMP DAY...lets get through it and look forward to this upcoming weekend. I too, used to sit and calculate my dosage times and looked forward to them immensely..but now..I am looking forward to getting done here, taking a long drive with my sunroof down and listening to "Drift Away"" I love that song.....

Lots of love to you...and your wonderful spirit...

xoxo

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Thank you Tim! :)

It makes me happy to cheer anyone up who is in withdrawals or just depressed.  I feel like I am the one benefiting!  I just feel for anyone who has to go through it. I feel like I want to push them towards the next day but I know you have to do it for yourself.  

My cats name is Frasier.  Can you tell what TV show I was "addicted" to for 10 years.  Poor cat - such an awful name for a kittie! lol

I am so happy you are here!

((((((Tim)))))
Helpful - 0
It is scary but wonderful too!  It is so nice to have someone to relate to.  I have had the flu over and over again thanks to my addiction.  Not having to call in sick to work because of withdrawals is a nice feeling!  I feel very fortunate to still have a job!  

You have a sunroof - I am jealous!!  I used to have a convertible Mustang.  Oh how I miss that car!  When I moved to Montana I had to give it up for a 4 wheel drive vehicle.  I had barely been in snow, let alone driving in it.  I do appreciate the weather a lot more now.  I got so sick of California weather...I know it sounds nuts but the heat along with no seasons.  I love it here in MT.  It has been 3 years now.  

Too bad you weren't closer to me.  We could go crusing with the sunroof open! lol

Love,

Shelby
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Wouldn't that be so nice...I am extremely far...lol...

I too have had the flu, numerous times, along with multiple deaths in the family...and my daughter being sick or her school being closed...I have come up with so many excuses...Oh my, what we have done....too much...

Anyway,, I am getting ready to go. I am so very happy that I got my Shelby fix for today. I was W/D yesterday...lol...Missed you,,,Have a wonderful, calm, relaxed, sleep filled night....

I will check on you first thing tomorrow.

xoxo. Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.