Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

How does mixing drugs affect the body?

I mix weed and cocaine. I want info. I have been to the hospital 4 times. An I.V (no insurance) go home. I am reaching out for help.
Educate me on this. Please.
9 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi, I am a cocaine addict also, clean 6 months this week, but it was quite the battle to stop. I had to hit a few bottoms and then some. This post is old so if you ever want to ask your own question feel free, this is a great support group and has kept me off the blow. I hope you are serious about quitting, it will take some commitment, but life is so much better clean. Best of luck, you can do this
Helpful - 0
758077 tn?1282595561
Hey there
I have used cocaine before and also been in A&E several times, I didn't mix it with weed, but I mixed it with alcohol, which is a downer, like weed. The chemicals in your brain get confused.
Alcohol, mixed with cocaine, produced a toxic chemical in your blood, which intensifys the effect, but, it also makes it alot more dangerous.
Cocaine in itself, long term, leads to heart problems-I knew someone who had 2 heart attacks in one night... it can also land u in a loony bin as it can make your mind loose control for good. Short term use, it can still, give a heart attack, or a stroke, and can make you panic, depressed, and generally feel ill every single day.
I know this as I have used it before.
I started using it after my best friend was killed in a car accident, life hasn't been the same since. But it's something which I intend do stop. Try herbal highs! these are legal, not dangerous, but can give you a similar high without the heart attacks lol.
x
Helpful - 0
When you were in the hospital they must have had a counselor talk with you. What did they tell you? Did you go to different hospitals each time? Cocaine is serious business and I understand easy to overdose on. I would seriously think of getting some professional help. Best of luck to you.

Tim
Helpful - 0
if you have been to the hospital 4 times for this, you need to get yourself into serious help.

we can be here for you - and we will - but if this is something you can't stop, i would suggest you get into AA or NA, get a sponsor, get into some sort of detox/rehab first, etc.

again - 4x in the hospital and you are still doing it is a serious problem.  this is NOT a scolding, just a really concerned person who I am afraid if you've had this many scares and you keep using, you have to get some serious help.

the good news is YOU CAN QUIT.  you really can.  but you gotta pull out the stops here.

we'll help you here as much as we can, but PLEASE get some additional help, ok?  trust me - we will all agree here that bein' high all the time is just not worth it.

you want your life back....

with love,
mj
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
I've never heard of anybody overdosing on weed but on coke you can die pretty quick especially if you're shooting it.  For me weed was impotent back when I was doing it so I really know nothing of how potent it can be today...  There are lots of people that get into trouble when they do cocaine, stay away from cocaine, It'll save you a lot trouble.
Helpful - 0
Why did you go to the hospital? You said IV, and then home? Were you dehydrated? Heart racing, sweats??? I am just guessing....cocaine is deadly..... I agree with what Tim said... did someone/anyone visit with you when you were at the hospital? Insurance or not, don't all strates have aide, and or medical/psychological treatment available for those in need? Am I dreaming? Where I live there are specific hospitals that take uninsured patients.....
Helpful - 0
176495 tn?1301280412

I am so glad I walked away from cocaine after using it just a couple times.  Each time as the "buzz" wore off (at a party) I was quickly looking for another line.  I made up my mind then and there to never touch it again..and I haven't.  Why can't I do that with these damned pills?

Jim

Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
Well, you have an upper and a downer there...so I am not really too sure...Is that the drug u are talking about...
Helpful - 0
best education..stop using the drugs and then you wont have to worry about the mix right? some mixes are fatal..for one the cocaine alone can be fatal. weed,,,i for one never seen it as a harmful thing..but thats just me.
but doing both ..not so much a good idea id imagine. i do hope you can find a way to stop doing the cocaine though. but thats for you to decide and only you. best of luck
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.