Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

help!!!

Forgot to mention this.  All i have heard are bad (horor) stories about sub taper.  All i have found is no matter the taper it is hell.  Any good stories wold help.  We all need inspiration.  Thanks.
8 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I agree whats up with that? i'm kinda scared to taper off my soboxone cuz of the unknown.
Helpful - 0
I couldn't taper at all. I wish i had a good inspirational story for you. Some people do well with sub and taper. I think it depends on the person. I am sure you will receive some posts that will help you out. I wish you the best on your decision.

Tim  
Helpful - 0
182493 tn?1348052915
I wish I had a good story for you. All I have read is horror stories of people being on it along time and it being really hard to get off of.. as hard as methodone.  I went for the quick Sub taper route. I have only been on it for a week have tapered and am stopping tommorrow.
Helpful - 0
Tapering did not work for me.  I had to just go cold turkey.  I did not have the willpower to control my intake.  I had been through it many times - cold turkey I mean.  I knew what was coming and what it would be like but I just wanted to feel normal again.  I knew I had to pay the price for it (the withdrawals) - but ultimately it is so worth it.  I am on day 14 - Been feeling almost normal for a couple days now.  Whatever path you choose I wish you all the best!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
That is so awesome! congrads! I'll be listening carefully over the next few days. It would be nice to get off thiswith minimial discomfort. Nice to see you out here!
Helpful - 0
That is so awesome! congrads! I'll be listening carefully over the next few days. It would be nice to get off thiswith minimial discomfort. Nice to see you out here!
Helpful - 0
I found this on the web and it looks like a hopeful story on sub.

Hey Guys -

I posted at the beginning of my sub treatment but didn't really hear much back so I haven't been writing too much on these boards. However, I just finished my taper and I have to say, it wasn't all that bad.

8mg completely knocked me out, and so I started on about 1 tab 3x a day, then 1 tab 2x a day. Then I was too sleepy while at work, so the doc just had me take 2 at night. Then last week I met with him and he and I decided that it was enough and it was time to come off. That day he had me just take 1 a day and then meet him in a week. Also, I was to not take anything the day before I saw him. To be honest, I took a few more than that during my taper, but honestly, when I finally stopped taking them, I felt relatively ok. I didnt feel super duper, but I certainly didn't feel like I did on vicodin w/d's. Maybe a little grumpy, my stomach was rumbling a bit, but that was a nice change from being constipated all the time!!

I also gained about 15lbs and I can't tell you how glad I am to hear I wasn't the only one. So, I've been working out at least once a day, sometimes 2 times, and its been about 4 days and Im doing ok.

Best of luck to you, and if there is anything else you need or any questions you have, I am here to help as much as I can. I was very scared to taper off for fear of having cravins, or feeling sick or just that blah feeling you get when all your meds are gone. And to some extent it was there, but not enough that I noticed very much...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Helpful - 0
If you still need info maybe talk to liscamdave tomorrow...I think that is what she used or is using.  She is on during the work day.

Shelby
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.