Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

RLS after drug rehab, any takers ?

I recently finished a drug rehab program. I'm now ready to work my program for the rest of my life however, Is it common for recovering addicts experiance RLS? I know I did long before comming to grips with my addiction but it's much, much worse now. In reading through different forums I see alot of suggestions for benzos and opiate usage as solutions. Those just are not an option for me, (A DRUG ADDICT). What about something over the counter like melatonin ? Please help...This sucks !!!
4 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There a lot of over the count med.= so I have read.  You might need to repost in the morning alot of people on the east coast.  I have seen a lot of otc meds mentioned befor that have worked for them.  Or cann you search the archieves?
Helpful - 0
202347 tn?1189755825
A LOT of people experience RLS symptoms after rehab. Many people take highlands or hylands (sp?) it is over the counter. Often times it is not RLS but presents with symptoms of RLS. A good amount of studies have shown that iron deficiencies can often contribute to and even be responsible for RLS and RLS symptoms so eating lots of foods high in iron is  inexpensive and over the counter, quite a few of my patients have had a lot of success with this.
xoxo- D.
Helpful - 0
heat was always the key to my RLS. my AC would make it worse..
i started eating 3 bannanas a day..sitting in the sun and by day 11 my rls was gone. the hot baths help alot. basically the more heat the better in my opinion
Helpful - 0
214607 tn?1287677559
I too have expereicned RLS after. I am now 24 days clean and did a rapid detox. The last RLS episode was Sun or Mon night...I think, and it was minor compared to what it was, HELL...I purchased Melatonin and it worked tremendously...If you can't sleep, get it...

Good Luck

Lisa
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.