Aa
A
A
A
Close
5 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
214607 tn?1287677559
You could not be MORE right...I have been reading the posts on this site for months, but am only a few weeks into posting. But I can tell you...I had NO ONE to talk to about my addcition. No help/no support...until I came here. Everyone accepted me, no questions asked. I learned methods to help me with W/D..I was able to get unconditional love, support, guidence and advice. I am so very thankful for this forum and the friends that I have made.

I myself try to be supportive to everyone and understand that we are all different. But there are some negative people that just have no clue what they are talking about or what it takes to recover...with peace....

Anyway, Jim, you have been a supporter and I thank you for that. Keep on doing the wonderful job that you do...

Take Care...Lisa
Helpful - 0
Great post Fish!!! I think we have to take action immediately when this garbage is posted. We are all in different stages of addiction and posts like this can send someone over the edge. The posts have a rippling effect and you never know how this may hurt another human being. I am talking of suicide, aggresive behavior and turning back to our demons. The post this morning was one of the most hurtful I have ever read. Thanks Fish!!

To the person who wrote this post:

Roman2

You will be caught and although we might never know your consequences, we will not have to deal with you anymore. I don't know how you can look in the mirror. I believe "what goes around, comes around" and you will get 10 fold the misery you brought to others unfortunate to have had to read your post.

TimH
Helpful - 0
177036 tn?1192286635
Yea what he said.... roman2 I didn't have the pleasure of reading your post thanks to some good people.
Helpful - 0
Great post Jim!

I did not get the "pleasure" of reading the post made by whatever his name is - not worth my time.  I do know that a post like that would not affect me.  I know I can come here and be safe with my friends.  I actually feel sorry for pathetic people like whats his name.  How miserable can a person be?  How could someone try to interrupt the progress that is made here daily?  I agree though, that those posts should be removed immediately.  I know there are some who could be hurt by things that are said here - when you are withdrawing you are so very sensitive.  This site brings me so much support and hapiness - it would take a heck of a lot more then that to make me leave.  All I can say to that person is - LOSER!

Shelby
Helpful - 0
One of your posts hit home with me my best friend is a bad Alcoholic...
If I would crash at his sometimes I would get up in the morning and he would go into the bathroom to brush his teeth......
A couple of times I walked up to ask him something and something caught my eye.......
I watched him try to put toothpaste on his tooth brush.....
he was shaking so bad he could not do this simple task......
but what hit home was when you said you used to lay under the couch......
When I finally talked him into quitting drinking I told him I would stay with him incase he needed med attention quickly....he has starting having seizures if he doesnt drink which he had been hiding until we stayed up all night talking about quitting.......
His shakes became so violent he would put 3/4 of his body under that couch so that when his shakes got violent the couch would hold down his body.....

Alcohol has very bad W/Ds......
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Addiction: Substance Abuse Community

Top Addiction Answerers
495284 tn?1333894042
City of Dominatrix, MN
phoenix, AZ
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Is treating glaucoma with marijuana all hype, or can hemp actually help?
If you think marijuana has no ill effects on your health, this article from Missouri Medicine may make you think again.
Julia Aharonov, DO, reveals the quickest way to beat drug withdrawal.
Tricks to help you quit for good.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.